Innovative mounts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Innovative mounts

I bought a est of stock replacement innovative mounts for my 1989 crx si with the d16a6. I wanted new mounts, and no front mount. They had it and Their reputation is very good.

Install on the sides was a breeze. The rear though....they accidentally sent a B series rear, which they promptly replaced at their cost and I shipped the wrong one back. Their tech support/customer service is top notch in my experience.

I drove the car today and am using the softest urethane they offer. Still a lot less engine movement, less wheel hop, and actually less dash rattle than i had with a solid front mount. I am definitely pleased with the parts and their service!
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

I have the same set and love them, HOWEVER after 3 years of abuse my rear mount has actually stretched where the rear sleeve goes through, and causes back and forth rocking when on and off the gas. Contacted innovative and they're willing to replace the insert I just need to send them the mount. Just something to keep an eye out for.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
I have the same set and love them, HOWEVER after 3 years of abuse my rear mount has actually stretched where the rear sleeve goes through, and causes back and forth rocking when on and off the gas. Contacted innovative and they're willing to replace the insert I just need to send them the mount. Just something to keep an eye out for.
Awesome!
I was really impressed with their service over the phone. I was honestly skeptical of the steel mounts but not willing to do billet. I had torn a rear HCP mount in half years ago...

I can really say that these mounts reduce wheel hop, and adding the new final drive my crappy tires just want to spin!

Old 11-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I love their mounts, but you should really go for the 75A durometer. Im not sure what the issue is but the 60A has issues with cold flowing.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
I love their mounts, but you should really go for the 75A durometer. Im not sure what the issue is but the 60A has issues with cold flowing.
I will see when the time comes. This is a car I have put a lot of road miles on, so expect that there will be wear and tear and want a little bit of comfort...
Old 11-12-2016, 02:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

I'm using their billet mounts and like them. I've also heard they have excellent customer service!

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've had their mounts in all of my Hondas except for my S2K and CRV.

Just bought a set of replacement mounts for my RT4WD wagon and a competition traction bar.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2016, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

3 years of hard abuse on my mounts, traction bars and shift linkage from them. No cold flow issues with mine(95 or 98 durometer, don't remember).
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

It's only the 60a durometer ones that seem to have issues
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Omega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regular

First day. (Auto to manual mount)
Omega Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2016, 04:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Blaze View Post
Did you call or email them? They have great customer service. I received the wrong mount in my set originally, they sent the right one immediately.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 12:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 satansbrother is learning the way of the Dsatansbrother is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Ive got thier mounts for my ek, the rear mount seems like it isnt correct. Ill have to snap a photo and send them an email.
satansbrother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 07:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico58204 View Post
Did you call or email them? They have great customer service. I received the wrong mount in my set originally, they sent the right one immediately.
This is why I loath forums from the manufacturing side. It is so easy to bitch and it really does nothing and it can't be taken back.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

ive got the RT4WD set in 95A and the 85A full set in my s2k Motor/Trans/Diff and really like them. the front mount on the wagon didnt fit with the replacement crossmember though. ive had an issue with a mount welded backwards, their customer service was ok on resolving the issue, could have done better but it was replaced in a week or so.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

A few months on the road makes me wish I had gone at least with the 75a bushings, the 60a look great and idle great, but with a new clutch i was having a lot of engine movement, i can see the IACV to firewall contact marks. I put my stock front mount with Prothane insert back in and it feels great so far, and it actually vibrates LESS than with the stock mounts. Still happy, but wold have been happier with stiffer rear mount.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Projekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Blaze View Post
my 93 dx is auto to manual, i need one of those mounts yet where did you buy it and how much? all i can ever find are the shitty aluminum ebay ones. are they the same as the b-series? i have every other mount mounted on the car just no trans top mount
Projekt2nr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2016, 04:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

type innovative civic auto manual into ebay, it pops up.

They simply are not as plentiful these days, as most of their sales have probably been 5-10 years ago.

their website will have the part number, you can search that part number on ebay and see if you can get a better price

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 04:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Jfab is learning the way of the DJfab is learning the way of the D

I used the 75 on my 91 hatch with the innovative crossmember and front engine mount, worked awesome! Very minimal engine movement. Ran 11s in the 1/4 with them, no dyno numbers though.
Jfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 ef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enough

I'm going to look into these because I need replacement stock mounts for me ef. I have no front mount, stiff rear mount (ebay I think), and broken side mounts.

ef89hatch28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 07:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Jfab is learning the way of the DJfab is learning the way of the D

I have a set in good condition still. Shoot me a pm if I cant get them to work on my other car I will sell them.
Jfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in