Centric Posi-Quiet Pads/Calipers/Rotors - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Default Centric Posi-Quiet Pads/Calipers/Rotors

I just replaced the front braking system on my 07 Matrix and got all new shit for it. RockAuto.com was my source for my parts. Overall I am impressed with the quality and of the calipers and rotors for the price point, they came packed very well and the pads even had a block of foam to prevent them from falling out of the caliper. The Pads themselves had OEM style shims with grease on them (a plus for an OEM nut like me) and every nut, bolt and cap was new on the caliper. The rotor was powder coated black in the hub and the cooling edge to prevent rest and make it look good.

Overall I would recommend them to anyone that has a daily car that needs from front brakes refreshed. I have read that Centric uses good quality stuff when making there rotors/calipers and so far I like them.

I will update this thread in a few weeks with a report on break in/noise and wheel dust. I keep my car clean so wheel dust may be hard to track but I honestly don't expect any problems with them.

PRICE EDIT:
Calipers $51.79 ea (plus $30 core)
Rotors $31.79 ea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 03-30-2016 at 12:33 PM.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Centric is a great company that produces parts for many OEM companies and offers many great aftermarket parts as well. I've used centric powerslot rotors with posi quiet ceramic pads on the heavy J30t and have had no issues hard braking on the road and at highway speed.

Rockauto is likely the best place to find them for the best price and they have a ton of options whether you want blank, slotted, drilled, or e coated.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Worth noting: usually those painted areas need to be heat cycled a bit before getting hit with brake clean and lasting.

If not, they will slowly peel over time.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Hmmm...I've seen the centric stuff pop up on one of the parts stores I order from, but they never have anything in stock, in for the review
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2016, 05:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

So far after a week I see no brake dust and no noise from pads at all. Had to get on the brakes hard yesterday and no issues, still feels like new. Will continue to update, I will take a pic outside later today, I haven't washed my car all week.

EDIT: Forgot to take pic when I went out a few minutes ago but the front wheels were just as dirty as the rear with the finger test and the rear is drums so no dust from them.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 04-01-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I did all 4 corners on my Legacy GT with Centric rotors (Standard rotors) and pads (Premium Semi-Metallic) last year. I have had no issues with them after a little over 8000 miles. Wear has been even, and there is no scoring.

They seem to be great bang for the buck. I was up in the air over the standard rotor vs the premium, but the standard has held up well even with the semi-metallic pads.

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2016, 07:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Thats pretty good for LGT brakes, that car is ridiculously hard on rotors
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

About 20 days in. No noise from the brakes what so ever! Dust is absolutely minimal, about the same as OEM pads and the dust is does produce is light in color and easily removed with a wash or rag. The rotors are holding up and still look like shiny smooth discs.

Pics of wheels, 2,000 miles without any washing (very rainy this past week):

Front:

Close up of front, wiped my finger to show dust:

Rear, also wiped my finger to show dust (rear is drum so no brake dust):

So yeah I like and would suggest them to anyone for a DD car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160420_103806_115.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	436.3 KB
ID:	106858   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	526.5 KB
ID:	106866   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	474.0 KB
ID:	106874  

Quote:
Old 03-16-2018, 07:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Over 2 years and still got the original pads on it with 60k+ on them. They still perform great and no issues with the calipers or rotors or pads.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

The Tape-R endurance races on Centric rotors and reman'd calipers and has since its beginning in 2012.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

The posi quiet ceramic pads did not last me that long on the heavy Infiniti but the slotted rotors are still good.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in