AEM V2 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2004, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
KleenEX

paid about 240 after shipping, upgraded from short ram. i noticed a nice differece throughout the powerband, lots of lowend and midrange, some high end too. huge freakin piping! they send you a new transmission mount with the 96-00 ex manual because stock is too big for the piping. pretty easy install, great tech support. had a problem wih the mount but they helped me out. sounds mean as hell! almost like a turbo. cant say anything i dont like about it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2004, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
96excoupe

I have one too, but because of the snow I haven't tested it out yet. I ordered mine off ebay, where did you get yours from? I'm curious b/c the cheeapest i found was 255. thanks
Old 01-10-2004, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
KleenEX

yah dude, ebay i think i got mine from power garage, this is back when they first released them tho.. kep in mind if you go to a shop you willl probably pay over 3, and unless it gave me a blowjob, i wouldnt pay over 3 for any intake...

Old 01-10-2004, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
96excoupe

i paid 265 for it and i wouldn't pay any more for it. i was just wondering cause that was the best deal i could find.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i paid $400 for this during the same week when it first came out.

pro's:
- very easy to install (includes installation instructions for newbies)
- sounds good

con's:
- very pricey
- the AEM logo starting to come off due to high heat in engine
- the couplings on the pipe can permanently leave black marks on the pipings, but it's no biggie and does not interfere with it's performance.
[/b]
sxng9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2004, 04:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
delsol8694

i got a delsol w/ a d15b7. does any one know if or when the V2 will be out for me?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
jammin civic

do not waste your time with these things, sport compact car did an article when those first came out and you DO NOT GAIN ANY HP over the AEM v1 intake
Old 03-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

not true, the v-2 will make maybe 1-2 hp more at the top end, but alows the engine to make more low end horse power before the v-1 will. this allows for a bigger power band, and the v-2 DOES allow more torgue from the engine which is what is was DESIGNED for. this intake design is takin from the original intake and built apon to increase torgue at even a lower RPM range.

givin these two ideas makes the car SEEM to have a shit more power but it only gives the engine better breathing abilities at the low end for more torque, and a little better throughout all the way up the power band, thus giving the illusion of more power. it also has knocked off .2 seconds in a quarter mile versus the origanal, cause of the lower end torque.

here is the web site, i know it's aem web site, but i highly doubt a company that big is going to say this stuff without being able to back it up.

http://www.aempower.com/default.asp

click on the AEM V2 INTERACTIVE PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION link.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
jammin civic

ill look for that article and see if i can post it up, i forget what mag it was in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in