MFactory - D series LSD - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default MFactory - D series LSD

Car: 1996 Honda Civic DX
Application: Stock 1996 DX transmission - installed by Spiker
Power: Stock Y7, 12lbs of boost, to4e ebay turbo, DSM 450s, Log manifold, ebay chargepiping, godspeed intercooler, Comp Clutch stage 4 unsprung, Speedfactory basemap with tuning adjustments made by me.

I've had my MFactory D series LSD installed for a few months now. I've driven the car a total of about 2-3 thousand miles since. Includes daily driving and WOT pulls/spirited driving on a road course track. Never done any drag racing, obviously no street racing as I'm not an idiot.

Pros: as you can probably imagine it provides much more grip in the dry. No popping, chattering, whirring, or anything that I've noticed... Great durability so far, I will update this thread once I finish my build. Little sketchy to drive in the rain, tends to push understeer very easily but that's to be expected as far as I'm concerned. Haven't noticed much understeer in favorable conditions.

Cons: none at this time. Great product for the price.

Testing with street tires @ around 200-220 HP (never dynoed, just guessing based on mod list)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- shooting for 550 wheel.
2006 Quad Cab 3500 Duramax

RIP MJY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
iSpinBearings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Back off the throttle in the rain and it will behave normally. If you're pushing it to function in the wet it will understeer as it will act as an open diff if traction is lost.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Actually it will still function but at a reduced ability to transfer torque. It multiplies what's available, to 100% of very little is still not much.

Helical on ice (the Audi, note very little slipage) vs electronic open (Lexus) vs electronic plate (Acura): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZxVefta68

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 Iagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropes

Which lsd? The torsion one?
Iagreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 05:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

The OP review is about the MFactory helical.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

i love mine in my y8 trannsmission, holding 500 ponies for years now never skipped a beat
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2015, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Loved my mFactory helical! Lots of 10 second passes on that bad boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Hell yeah, I love mine as well. Everything they make is solid quality.
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Mine held up great. Ordering one for my other car soon.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

mfaketury iz teh best cluch dumps 4 dayzzz!111..
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 rabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I've had this lsd for more years than I can remember. It probably has 100K miles or more with a 300whp engine. Chinese parts are made of crap metal that eat themselves. This is quality.
rabid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2016, 06:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

ive had my m factory in for maybe 2 months... Really enoying it, straight line traction is great as it is in the turns.

very impressed, makes my well balanced car that much more balanced, percise and funner to drive.

balance is everything.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in