JL Audio/Abt Electronics Company Review - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt
Default JL Audio/Abt Electronics Company Review

Not only did they get me my 10" JL Sub in slot ported bass wedge for the best price I could find $160 I think..

After 6 months JL sub took a poop.

Called them

Let them know I had 0 ohms resistance between the subwoofer driver's terminals.

Was told to send the old subwoofer driver and they will ship me a new subwoofer driver when they get the old subwoofer driver.

They said the product comes with a 1 year warranty (Not sure from JL or ABT directly)

JL Sub sounded great until it completely stopped working yesterday

Either way pretty impressed with the customer service

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D16Z6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EJ255

Last edited by colelmt; 08-09-2015 at 05:08 PM.
colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

JL Audio was always like that, even 15+ years ago, when the company was solely based in Florida.

Then again I did have dinner with Lucio and top guys from Mitek (MTX Audio)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'm working on a complete jl audio system. I currently have the 12w3 dual power wedge box run off of a jl 500watt mono and I have a jl e6450 6 channel amp.. Just waiting on cash for good speakers up front. The sub's and mono amp are about 8 yrs old and still sound great. If they ever poop on me I will definitely buy new jl to replace.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Back when I was a car stereo buff, I ran JL subs or not at all. They were fantastic. I loved the old W1 series subs. Great sound and required very little power.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I would also like to give a thumbs up to ABT Electronics. I live near where they are located and have been shopping there for almost 20 years and I have two friends who work their.

The store is amazing, the salespeople are knowledgeable and friendly. Their mobile audio installs are a little pricey but they do top notch work.

It's a family run store and feels like it. They often will "haggle" pricing on some items and I have never had an issue with product warranties.
jerhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black91CRXsi View Post
Back when I was a car stereo buff, I ran JL subs or not at all. They were fantastic. I loved the old W1 series subs. Great sound and required very little power.
Same, except it was either W0s for low power and big enclosures, or W3s for when I wanted something to romp a bit.

I still rock JL Audio speakers whenever I need them. The LGT has a full set in the doors, and they sound great for what it is.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

im not huge on Audio stuff, but were these high end JL products or cheap ones? almost spend a decent chunk of change on new speakers and JL was high on my list.
Hantke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in