Energy Suspension Master Kit Review - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2015, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 ThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Energy Suspension Master Kit Review

I recently installed a master kit of poly bushings for my 2000 Civic. After living with it daily for a couple months, I feel like I'm ready to give a proper review.

First of all, I installed these MYSELF. Do I have a hydraulic press? No. I burned the bushings out with fire and it SUCKED. If you were thinking about doing this method, it does work. But you will be doing A LOT of work for one damn control arm. My advice here is to save some extra money, take the parts off and have a friend drive you and your suspension to a machine shop that will press out the old bushings and press the new ones in.

The kit came with mostly front suspension bushings, which makes sense since it's an FWD car. I didn't install the shifter bushings or steering rack bushings because I already got poly shift bushings and the steering rack bushings wouldn't be worth my time/effort. Everything else was installed.

So my car is 15 years old now, and all the bushings are soft and/or breaking, so I decided to do some maintenance/upgrade my car so it'll last even longer. WOW did they make a difference. You wouldn't think they would, BUT THEY DO. Everything is tighter, sharper. Also, all the little bumps are more annoying. I actually SOFTENED my Koni Yellows a lot to make the ride more bearable. Seems I was compensating for the soft old bushings with tighter suspension. If you drive on reasonably smooth roads, no problem at all. If your roads suck, wellllllllll you'll hate life.

What happens when you tighten the suspension to race mode and give it the beans in a corner? GOOOOOOOOOOODDD!!!!!!! The turn in feels more direct and the car wants to grab that road like a terrified toddler clings to its mother. Everything movement of the suspension feels like it's tightened up and a little racier. My street tires aren't the best, but they feel like racing slicks when I tighten up my shocks.

Oh, and by the way, I bought the black graphite impregnated ones that have a self-lubricating property. You'd probably think that with poly bushings all around, the squeaking is unbearable. So how's the squeaking? What squeaking? I have felt the normal red ones and these black ones do feel a bit slimier even before they touched grease. And that little thing of grease they give you is DEFINITELY not enough for the whole kit. I recommend some sort of marine grease that's water-proof (that's what it used for the rest of the bushings).

I'm honestly very pleased with this upgrade. If I had to do it again, I'd definitely take my suspension to get it pressed instead of banging with a hammer and melting rubber all day. But the result is definitely worth it if you like to do the occasional canyon run or take your car to the track sometimes. Definitely better for driving feel as well.
-Blox short shifter
-Exedy Stage 1 clutch
-Koni Yellows/Megan Coilover sleeves
-DC2 rear swaybar/BWR bracing
-Energy Suspension poly bushings
-eGay front strut bar
-4th gen Prelude front seats
-Koyorad radiator
-AEM Short Ram/Blox V-stack
ThumperCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Yea.. my squeaks ive pretty much gotten used to..

fuckin car sounds like an old 84 econoline van
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2015, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

When I installed mine I lubed the holy hell out of em...5 or 6 years now...no squeeks.

Fyi....I found the fastest way to get the old bushings out...cut the rubber section out...then take a Sawzall. .cut a slit in steel sleeve..take a chisel punch and hammer and curl the old sleeve At the slits
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Yea.. my squeaks ive pretty much gotten used to..

when its parked???
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

When did mine I just set the parts on a cinder block, propped the torch at the right angle, then watched some TV. Come back every 5 minutes to change. Then slit the sleeve & knock it out. I didn't have the car long enough to have much squeaking start up, but all the black poly bits with silicone never squeaked.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

I've invested in these too, i still have more than half of them to install after 2 months of having them lol. My only fit is Energy doesn't make rear upper/lower control arm bushings so you either have to buy the Prothane's which are almost just as much as the master kit, or buy some whatever ones from wherever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
LOL
caustic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I've been wanting to do this for some time now maybe this ad will encourage me
xjustinmackx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2015, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I have a kit that I bought over a year ago that I still need to install lol. Now that I have a press at work and I have multiple vehicles I should really install them.

Great review, curious did you get an alignment?

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

if you can aim
BFH (big fokin hammer)
1 socket size of bushing
another socket oversized
sorry forgot actual sizes
level it out and hit hard
DONE!
kenny6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

It's so weird to read about who's (whose?) squeak and whose don't. I've had blacks in several cars... for years... and never heard them squeaking.
sprockmember is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 jdmboyef9 is learning the way of the Djdmboyef9 is learning the way of the D

So long as you chock the suspension before tightening, these can be very good. I have gone back and forth between these, hard race, and Mugen.
jdmboyef9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in