Speedglass 9100XX - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver
Default Speedglass 9100XX

Full review:

Beaver Built: Tool Review Tuesday, Part 5: Speedglas 9100XX welding Helmet

Summary:

This is the biggest ADF helmet Speedglas makes with over 12sqin of viewing area. The fit and finish is amazing. It has venting to let your hot, stanky breath out instead of fogging everything up. It has side windows (shade 5) that let you see where you are walking or see where you are going when you weld. It also makes it really hard for schmucks to sneak up on you when you are working.

This one has no solar assist. The batteries are supposed to last 2000 hours, though. The extra viewing area is worth the hit to battery life. The ADF (AutoDarkening Filter) itself is fast, very adjustable, very clear and HUGE.

The headgear is SUPERB! It stays up with a really solid detent, and so far, the friction hold is also good (for when you don't need or want to flip it all the way up to the detent). It sits very low compared to any other hood when flipped up because of the way the headgear is designed.

It is EXPENSIVE. Retail is nearly $400. This isn't a hobby hood. I use mine 5-7 days a week, sometimes 12 hours at a time. (I'm not actual exaggerating much.) So far it is comfortable and really increases awareness of the environment with the additional peripheral view afforded by the side windows. Overall, it is an amazing package that is worth the premium, IMO, at least if you use it all the dang time like I do. I like to see. I don't like destroying my eyes with cheap hoods. If you can't afford this model, the smaller viewing window ADF models are just as good, still extremely useful and have tha dded bonus of solar assist so the batteries last longer.

I've already been putting mine to good use:

This thing is totally Beaver Built Approved.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Badass!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in