B&M short throw shifter - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2004, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Diablo

Got one, works great, but I've heard of others having problems with grinding 2nd and rev. I've had no problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula/LS1 5.7L

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
N/A
150 Shot
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2004, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
pisetup

Do you have the single bend or the dual bend?? Did you also install aftermarket bushings?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2004, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Send a message via AIM to Diablo

no bend, straight stick, and no just what come with it.

1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula/LS1 5.7L

N/A
150 Shot
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2004, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
civicdriver91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo
Got one, works great, but I've heard of others having problems with grinding 2nd and rev. I've had no problems.
Got one as well great shifter I think its a perfect shifter not to short. And I really dought that it makes your tranny grind. The people who say it does probably already had that problem because the shifter has nothing to do wiith how the tranny inside is.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

I think with any shifter grinding is going to be from the inside of the tranny and the way you shift. if grind my second when I shift too fast, but if I slow down then I have absolutely no problems. it pisses me off when I shift too fast to second when I'm racing and all I hear is the damn gear grinding.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
jdmspecdc5

does this really bring ur throws shorter?
Old 01-23-2004, 09:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gftgrill
I think with any shifter grinding is going to be from the inside of the tranny and the way you shift. if grind my second when I shift too fast, but if I slow down then I have absolutely no problems. it pisses me off when I shift too fast to second when I'm racing and all I hear is the damn gear grinding.
Yep, the hand is faster than the foot. They don't make short throw clutches, do they? lol
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2004, 05:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
beerbongskickass

I installed one on my 95 civic and it works great. The throw is extremely short, easy, and smooth. I also installed one on my friends 97 civic and his works just as well as mine. I do sometimes grind gears, but the only reason I do is because I get lazy and don't push the clutch in fast enough.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

I installed the B&M in my 95 along with the energy shift bushings and it works great, very smooth and short. Not to mention that the bushings make it very precise.
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2004, 12:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Laosfu

yea i enjoyed my b&m on my hatchie... but i came along a skunk2 dual bend... and i like it more LOL...
Laosfu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2004, 03:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

i had a B&M, and for me, it was completely worthless.

because it is straight, with no bend, it put the shift knob out of comfortable reach for me. in fact, with my harness on, i couldn't get it into 5th. i mis-shifted often, and was VERY disappointed with it.

i replaced it with the skunk2 dual bend, and immediately, my shifts were crisp and i didn't have any problems reaching the knob with my harness on.
DOHCDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

what kind of racing were you doing that you needed to get to 5th gear? Not Drag I hope.

Just curious
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2004, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
bailhatch

I have installed about 10 of the straight ones in hondas/acuras. The construction is fantastic but the design is pretty weak. While the throw is reduced the stick is shortend WAY too much. Having to reach down and foreward that far is uncomfortable for many people and sacrafics functuion. at least it won't break i guess.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Zulu

Yep... definatly have the reach problem on my B&M. I am planning on purchasing the Skunk2 Double Bend and Skunk2 Weighted Shift Knob in the near future. I used OEM bushings on my shifter and I think the precision of the shifts could be equated to a rifle bolt. VERY precise, but way to hard to reach. Especially when you are 6'2" and have a long ways to reach anyway!!
Old 04-21-2004, 04:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

One more for reach problems here. I'm thinking about taking it out, heating it up and putting a bend in it so I have half a chance of reaching it comfortably.
silverctr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2004, 11:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

one word.........

Edelbrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in