Harbor Freight Front Wheel Bearing Puller - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Harbor Freight Front Wheel Bearing Puller

Hey Everyone,

Last Saturday night i got some beers and changed out my front passenger side wheel bearing using this:

FWD Front Wheel Bearing Adapters

There are multiple DIYs of how to use it and change the wheel bearing available for our cars so i will not be getting into too much detail. The use of the tool is pretty straight forward and everything seems to be high quality. I took the knuckle off of my vehicle and after pounding out the hub, used this tool to press the old bearing out and the new bearing in using an impact(people do it with wrenches/breaker bars as well). The only thing that i recommend is lubing the big bolt with some kind of grease because it gets alot of force put on it. The job took me about 3 hours including tear down and reassembly. I would recommend this tool to anyone looking to save some money when they need a wheel bearing. I rate this 10/10 because of ease of use and price.
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe(Workhorse/beater)
98givicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If you used a slide hammer to pull out the hub you would not have to remove the knuckle to use that tool.

automatic Crx [email protected]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grayzee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayzee View Post
If you used a slide hammer to pull out the hub you would not have to remove the knuckle to use that tool.
i saw that some people did it without removing the knuckle but they didnt say how they got the axle shaft out of the way. Thats why i ended up just taking out the knuckle.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I love this tool, however I use it with my HF 20ton? press, instead of the bolt thingy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

A press is the way to go if you can buy one.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieBert View Post
I love this tool, however I use it with my HF 20ton? press, instead of the bolt thingy.
i need to get me one of those too lol.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieBert View Post
that press is a life saver. its also entertaining to watch it in use. we found anything we could that would give slight cover and biggie stood next to it lol
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

theft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

this big boy is the way to go! so many more applications.

20 Ton Shop Press - Hydraulic Shop Presses on Sale

my build thread:::: z6 block forged internals with a y8 head with comp 59300 cam and springs, NOW boosted

theft-repo-sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 04:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98givicex View Post
i saw that some people did it without removing the knuckle but they didnt say how they got the axle shaft out of the way. Thats why i ended up just taking out the knuckle.
Ha ha... never thought about that... I guess you could get away with just removing the lower ball joint and strut. As the others have said, the big press is the way to go anyway. I bought one for $150 or something like that on sale last spring to do a wheel bearing. Worked great, just needed to run out and buy a big assed socket to have something to hold the spindle up while pressing the bearing in.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theft-repo-sol View Post
this big boy is the way to go! so many more applications.

20 Ton Shop Press - Hydraulic Shop Presses on Sale
The silver is much more appealing then that ugly orange!

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Paint it then.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
Paint it then.
I just might then! lol

Quote:

Old 11-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

It will just get all covered up with dirt and dust being in the garage anyway lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 559civic_dx is hot as a volcano559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

While all this is good info and all...sometimes if rather just pay the smaller amount then the cost of these tools and pay a shop to quickly press it out for me

my 1996 hatch build in progress

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
[B]R.I.P. CALI NOOB
559civic_dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2014, 03:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 559civic_dx View Post
While all this is good info and all...sometimes if rather just pay the smaller amount then the cost of these tools and pay a shop to quickly press it out for me

thats also an option as well that ive seen/heard of a lot of people do. Probably doesnt cost as much as one of these tools. The good thing is, i will always have this tool for the future and since i have 3 cars it will definitely pay itself off.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
The good thing is, i will always have this tool for the future and since i have 3 cars it will definitely pay itself off.
Ideally, what you need is a circle of friends that are car guys who can use each other's tools. One guy has a press, another has a engine crane, ect. Most people do not have the space to store ALL of the goodies. Plus like you guys said it often does not make sense to own a bigger more expensive tool you will hardly ever use.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayzee View Post
Ideally, what you need is a circle of friends that are car guys who can use each other's tools. One guy has a press, another has a engine crane, ect. Most people do not have the space to store ALL of the goodies. Plus like you guys said it often does not make sense to own a bigger more expensive tool you will hardly ever use.
if the world were perfect lol.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
if the world were perfect lol.
lol, you don't have many car friends? hell I have 3 that have access to a crane, 2 that have access to a press, 2 that have access to an engine stand and Im sure if I bought the beer, theyd come and help tool on the car lol. shit, for the wheel bearings, I think we bought them pizza lol
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'm the shop guy in the family. I have the crane and compressor but my brother has the air tools.

92 teg ( new project)

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
lol, you don't have many car friends? hell I have 3 that have access to a crane, 2 that have access to a press, 2 that have access to an engine stand and Im sure if I bought the beer, theyd come and help tool on the car lol. shit, for the wheel bearings, I think we bought them pizza lol
i have one car friend but he lives about 5 hours away. my buddys dad whos impact gun i used is a car guy but hes about an hour away. i live in the middle of nowhere. I have a three car garage and all the space for the tools which is why ive decided to start buying them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in