Power Stop Performance Brake Calipers - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Power Stop Performance Brake Calipers

The seals on my old calipers blew so I decided to give these a shot as after the core return it came out to $52 for the front pair.

First off, they come extremely well packaged.
They came in a big box that had a smaller box wrapped with a folded up box. Inside the smaller box, they were individually boxed and in sealed bags.
They have an electrostatic red powder coat and come slightly greasy from the silicone lube that is used. All of the seals seem to be of high quality, and the piston cups look to be in pristine condition (these are rebuilt calipers).

I will update as soon as I test them out on the car!
kydris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

With pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Been looking at these or some stuff from EBC, please let us know before I make a grave error...no pressure.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

Unboxing pics

Hope they aren't too big.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Whoshot, I will probably install them tonight and give a performance update in the morning.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Installation update:

The clips for the pads did not want to stay in place because of the thickness of the powdercoat. Other than that they went on rather easily. About to go bleed the brakes then will take it for a drive and post the performance update.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

red adds hp. be careful lol
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

lol, its ok though cause they are hidin behind steelies!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Link to where you bought them?

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Power Stop Brake Calipers - Free Shipping on Powerstop Red Brake Calipers for Cars, Trucks & SUVs use promo code aa10 for 10% off!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I suspect I have a caliper piston making a pad drag. In4moarupdates

Also, What pads do you order for these calipers?
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

The standard pads for your car work fine with them. Haven't been able to test them out yet as I found a coolant leak so I will be fixing that today then testing later.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Just use a wire brush to clear away the powdercoat for the clips.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Didn't think of that lol, had my car up on stands for almost 3 weeks now and just wanted it done...
Old 11-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D

Any update on these?
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe(Workhorse/beater)
98givicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Sorry, still have the car up on stands. Just ordered a head gasket kit to replace all the blown gaskets up top. Hopefully I will have it running by next weekend. Sorry for the delay!
Old 03-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Alright guys, finally got the damn car back on the road. I apologise for how long it took, had to have emergency surgery and recovery took almost 2 months. >.<

Anyways, I had finally gotten around to bleeding the brakes and getting it back on the ground. Turns out that the seals in my master cylinder blew out when my caliper seals did. So I replaced the MC and managed to get a little bit of air back in the system. Even with the bit of air the calipers seem to be doing a damn good job.

I give the Power Stop Performance calipers 5 stars!
Old 03-09-2015, 02:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

As well as they should, after doing some research, they are OEM calipers that are just powder coated.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

Wasn't aware of that, but they were still the cheapest calipers I could find so I remain impressed lol
Old 03-09-2015, 04:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Did you have to pay for the return shipping?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in