weather-tech window visors - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8
Thumbs up weather-tech window visors

got my visors in the mail today. for 80$ shipped they are worth every dime. they are decently thick plastic with a nice light tint on them. the slide into the window channel and not on the outside. the visor actually comes all the way down to the seal at the bottom of the window and covers all of the mirror base plate where 90% of the water blows in from when the wipers are on and youre driving.

Id say they were better than the jdm ones since install is simple and clean and it didn't cost 200$.

what I cant emphasize enough is the fact that they go all the way down to the base of the mirror. jdm/stick ons only come down to the top of the mirror base plate.

pictures will be posted later

Im currently thinking of hitting the visors with the spray tint for tail lights to make them darker.

just a teaser to show the tint level

shitty double stick visor that someone at work broke
Click image for larger version

Name:	0710-120628.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	73874

shitty double stick tape residue (don't have goof off right now)

Name:	0710-121052.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	73882

showing it goes all the way down

Name:	0710-121716.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	73890

sleeker

Name:	0710-121723.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	73898

driver side

Name:	0710-121732.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	73906
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 10-07-2014 at 08:30 AM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I want a set for my ES2 but of course sedan means 2x the cost lol. But I love the look of them compared to the stick on ones and the tint is a better color than the JDM ones too.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

passenger side is the same

Name:	0710-121844.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	73914

Name:	0710-121851.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	73922

super easy to install, only issue I had is the window motor has a hard time going up. weather tech mentioned this and said "assist the window all the way up and let it sit for 12 hrs"

you can also see how light they really are
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 10-07-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Probably just needs to "dent" the window run is what they mean. I like it, but yeah I see why you would want them darker, they seem a little too "clear" for my liking.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

the good thing is theyre super easy to install and remove, so when I tint them, it wont be a pain in the ass. I love em lol. what really sold me was how low they went
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
what really sold me was how low they went
mount in the track you mean???

Quote:
Old 10-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

no, how far down the mirror they came. where most of the water gets slung when youre driving with the windshield wipers on. could never roll the window down to ventilate with the old ones because it would soak the door panel quickly
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

This gets me reevaluating the need for these, I've been kicking the idea of using these for a long time.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

These look nice, when I replace my molding around my door(during bodywork), I am going to run these and rid myself of the stick on ones I have now.. Nice review!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Good review man, these are definitely on my list.

I have the stick on visors and they suck ass. Like you said, it doesn't stop water from coming in if you have the window cracked. Comes in from the mirror area.

Secondly, first time I bumped them while hand washing the car (trying to clean underneath) it pulled the tape and they never stick right again.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

^

Yup!

i ditched mine after 2 months and delt with the rain..

Might get these if I decide not to sell my car.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

#trendsetter

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

They make awesome products i have the floor liners in all of my cars you can't beat them keeps the car looking great!
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 royboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Is there adhesive also or they hold on by simple pressure/friction?
Old 11-28-2014, 06:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by royboy View Post
Is there adhesive also or they hold on by simple pressure/friction?

No sticky shit on these. Yes it's pretty much pressure fit. If you look on their website they show how to install them.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in