TunerView Android App (bluetooth datalogger) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default TunerView Android App (bluetooth datalogger)

I just got this working today and it's slicker than shit. I've had a Sparkfun Bluesmirf (BT uart modem, similar to the Moates BT module) for a while that I got working last night, then I saw this app this morning. One of the easiest $5 I've tossed at an app.

First you install it, then w/in the app you choose the protocol you'll be using (Crome, ectune, Neptune, and even Moates Quarterhorse for V8's). Get your bluetooth module paired with your phone, turn on the key, then select that device w/in the settings menu. Make sure it shows "connected to ecu". It initially didn't want to play nice, but after bouncing between screens it decided to connect properly. One thing I've noticed is it will disconnect when you go to the main screen, but will auto-reconnect in a fraction of a second if you have auto-connect enabled.

You can choose many options for gague display, although I'm hoping for more options regarding different Units (in.Hg) and gauge limits. Response lightning-fast, and it has all the important datalogging data available. For eCtune there are several "none" fields, so I'd guess those are some of the dozens of benign eCtune data such as EBC on/off, brake light switch status, etc.

The playback is painless and can be paused, but there is no time index displayed nor any rewind/fastforward. There is an option to record a video that overlays the data on the screen, but I can't get mine to work. It makes a ding when I start and stop recording, but I can't find the video anywhere. It may be phone-related settings since you can adjust video size. It does record the datalog file, but the gauges freak out after a while if it was recorded in video mode.

Overall I give it 4.5 stars.
It's still in beta form but few if any bugs remain. I'll upgrade to 5 stars if I can get video to work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zter.tunerview

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i just downloaded it yesterday.

i need to get a bluetooth adapter for my demon then im going to be using it.

im pretty excited for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Make sure it's a class 1 and set to the proper baud rate. The easiest thing to do is throw down $40 for the moates version. I bought mine before that was available.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!

yea thats what i was planning on doing.

ive got an older demon so the cable for it will need repinned is my understanding.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

One weird thing about these bluetooth devices is the Rx/Tx have to be reversed, rather than matching like a datalogging cable. That's about it.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

is that labeled witch is rx and tx?

cuz im not sure and haven't found labeling for it.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 FURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Just downloaded this and bought the dongle from moates. Excited to check it out once my car is running. I was very surprised the protocal was only $4.99.
FURYOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
One weird thing about these bluetooth devices is the Rx/Tx have to be reversed, rather than matching like a datalogging cable. That's about it.
This makes sense thou, Rx is receive and Tx is send (I may have that backwards but you under stand) so Rx has to go to Tx, and Tx has to go to Rx.

Peter is a great guy, I have his old App to that works with Crome and eCtune as well. I also have a COP system from his partner

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...

Last edited by HondaDNA; 09-08-2014 at 08:06 PM.
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking

Quote:
I just got this working today and it's slicker than shit. I've had a Sparkfun Bluesmirf (BT uart modem, similar to the Moates BT module) for a while that I got working last night, then I saw this app this morning. One of the easiest $5 I've tossed at an app.

First you install it, then w/in the app you choose the protocol you'll be using (Crome, ectune, Neptune, and even Moates Quarterhorse for V8's). Get your bluetooth module paired with your phone, turn on the key, then select that device w/in the settings menu. Make sure it shows "connected to ecu". It initially didn't want to play nice, but after bouncing between screens it decided to connect properly. One thing I've noticed is it will disconnect when you go to the main screen, but will auto-reconnect in a fraction of a second if you have auto-connect enabled.

You can choose many options for gague display, although I'm hoping for more options regarding different Units (in.Hg) and gauge limits. Response lightning-fast, and it has all the important datalogging data available. For eCtune there are several "none" fields, so I'd guess those are some of the dozens of benign eCtune data such as EBC on/off, brake light switch status, etc.

The playback is painless and can be paused, but there is no time index displayed nor any rewind/fastforward. There is an option to record a video that overlays the data on the screen, but I can't get mine to work. It makes a ding when I start and stop recording, but I can't find the video anywhere. It may be phone-related settings since you can adjust video size. It does record the datalog file, but the gauges freak out after a while if it was recorded in video mode.

Overall I give it 4.5 stars.
It's still in beta form but few if any bugs remain. I'll upgrade to 5 stars if I can get video to work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zter.tunerview
Thanks. We have lots of plans to do in the future.
-SK- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

IDK which board I have, but im def interested in this!
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 06:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....

I bought a cheap $60 7" tablet to use this with!

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaDNA View Post
This makes sense thou, Rx is receive and Tx is send (I may have that backwards but you under stand) so Rx has to go to Tx, and Tx has to go to Rx.
50% of the time I'll agree with you. But that same logic applied to other things in life doesn't always work. Applying this to voltage-related pins would create some slight issues for instance.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I made some videos. I like how Google Play lets your one purchase span multiple devices:

Old 02-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i just purchased this yesterday.

took my fiances google nexus to test with havnt had a lot of time to play with it but the bit of time i did i couldnt get shit to work lol.

got the moates blutooth adapter for the demon with correct pinout.

i read some info but got no rpm or any speed ect was quite a bit off but it did move. not sure whats up with it as i said i havnt had a chance to really play with it.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

See if the BT adapter works with the Neptune PC program. Make sure you set the baud rate for that port to 115k.

Do you possibly have the wrong protocol selected?

Old 02-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
See if the BT adapter works with the Neptune PC program. Make sure you set the baud rate for that port to 115k.

Do you possibly have the wrong protocol selected?
BT for Demon require 920k baudrate. Be aware of the cheap chinese BT devices. Most of them can't handle really well on higher baudrate.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I think the 920k baud is only for the USB port. I'm certain I used 115k for BT baud when I set up my first BlueSmirf, it's a Gold unit and they only go up to 115k. I know the Ostrich BT uses 920k baud for it's BT, which I presume is one reason Moates stopped selling it.

In any case I hope to do some 920k testing, I really want to get my Ostrich working wirelessly.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I just wish this was available for older s300's.

13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I got the videos working, by that I mean they now show up. For some reason my phone didn't show them when searching for "mp4", and it also didn't show any memory being used when I'd take a video. All I could find are 4 from last year. It also shows CSV files (the app only "plays" the TLG files), which is great because I could import them into eCtune & potentially adjust the tune like I had the laptop with my the whole time. I may also be able to import them into VirtualDyno too, but I can't tell it to record only certain conditions like eCtune on the PC can.

In case anyone ever needs this info, the vids were created in the "/storage/emulated/0/TunerView/Video/" folder and the CSV files were one step up in the root of "~/TunerView/"

Edit: also had to restart my phone for the PC to see those files. Very strange.

Last edited by HiProfile; 02-27-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13g-crx View Post
I just wish this was available for older s300's.
The S300 V1/V2 protocol is added and its in beta testing stage.

Quote:
I got the videos working, by that I mean they now show up. For some reason my phone didn't show them when searching for "mp4", and it also didn't show any memory being used when I'd take a video. All I could find are 4 from last year. It also shows CSV files (the app only "plays" the TLG files), which is great because I could import them into eCtune & potentially adjust the tune like I had the laptop with my the whole time. I may also be able to import them into VirtualDyno too, but I can't tell it to record only certain conditions like eCtune on the PC can.

In case anyone ever needs this info, the vids were created in the "/storage/emulated/0/TunerView/Video/" folder and the CSV files were one step up in the root of "~/TunerView/"

Edit: also had to restart my phone for the PC to see those files. Very strange.
I have the same issue on all my phone. I can see the files on my phone, but not when i connect it to a PC.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in