F1 Racing / FX racing ebay clutch - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 TurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default F1 Racing / FX racing ebay clutch

Well it looks like these guys changed there name from F1 to FX.. probably due to people reviewing there crappy clutches.

This f1/fx Stage 2 clutch is rated at:

Horsepower Rating: 235 HP / Torque Capacity: 215 ft/lbs

This Clutch has about 7000 miles on it

My car made 187hp before the tuner felt it slip and backed off so he did not burn the clutch out...

I would steer clear of FX racing clutches on ebay you WILL be let down if your car makes any kind of power.

I had a F1/FX stage 1 i ran for 3 years on my bone stock y7, It worked great but once you try to make some power with these clutches they will not hold, steer clear
TurboD206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

So...what you're saying is ebay clutches are crap...and you made a thread because you didn't already know this?

Sorry, not to sound like a dick, but no shit....an oem clutch is probably better than what you are posting about, get a real clutch next time and spare everyone the droll thread.

Now go get a real clutch and do some work lol

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 TurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunna

Its a product review and Im posting my results.

They say it holds 235 and it could not even hold 190 lol I just thought maybe someone thinking of buying one of these clutches would think again after reading a review.. If no one reviews products how so we know what to stay away from..

and I agree with you 100% ebay clutches are crap and I knew that but i was not trying to make crazy hp and I figured I was in the safe zone for the stress the clutch was going to see.. and it was a let down.

If this stops one person from buying a FX racing clutch then I did what I came here to do Give a honest review on a product

Im not taking it like your being a dick at all.. by now we all know some ebay stuff works fine and some does not.. this clutch does not lol period.. and I don't feel like this review was a waste of my time or anyone that reads it...

Old 05-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Yeah, and I didn't mean it like "sit down and shut up" either, it was just, I don't know, sort of obvious and I'm on meds and it's late and it all just sort of came together in this sort of half ass "no shit sherlock" type of rant. I apologize.

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

No problem bro lol I know how it is.. You see a review for a shitty ebay clutch and Your first thought is.. DUUH No crap, I get it

Everyones allowed to state opinions and there is nothing wrong with that just like my review of this poopy clutch lol
Old 05-23-2014, 04:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

like I posted in your other thread, you should have searched first!

the stage3 and up are all decent.

stage 1 and 2 have Chinese stock replacement pressure plate painted a fancy color, this is not anything new, if you go ebay you go stage 3 or better, anything under stage 3 is just a fancy color stock replacement really.

I had a ebay stage 3 last me 4 years or crazy abuse, 200 1/4 mile passes half of those around 200whp. was usable when I blew the engine but I chose to replace it with another f1 stage 3 and that held 300whp+ like a champ.

don't dog a product that you were to lazy to research if it was compatable whith your setup

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

lazy to research huh.. I have used a F1 for over 3 years before i rebuilt my motor and i liked it..

I trusted the stage 2 was going to hold 200 hp fine and it did not

I trust you that the stage 3 holds 300 hp because i know you have been there and done that.

I was not trying to bash F1 clutches or bring up old shit that i never knew about.. like the stage 2 being pieces of shit.

I don't really understand why when some of you guys respond its more of an attack lol

Your basically telling me im an idiot because i did not research my stage 2 F1 racing clutch i bought like a year and a half ago.. and have my car tuned at speed factory.. LOL how bias are you. There are a lot of good tuners around here in washington and rich is one of the best right next to james at speed factory. Rich is a trust worthy guy and that means a lot to me. Plus my car runs fucking awesome!

Last edited by TurboD206; 05-23-2014 at 04:47 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

never said rich was bad...but when you live so close to speed factory why not take it to one of the best in the industrie and someone who is know for single slams...that was my point...speed factory is know for getting down and dirty with the single jingles

as awesome as rcauto or goauto are and trust me they are top notch but put against speed industry I would pick S.I. hands down

not dogging you but its common knowledge that the stage 1 and 2 use a stock pressure plate which is weak as shit and will slip at 150whp

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I really like my Lsdmotorsports clutches! To bad they dont make a twin disc I had to buy this.

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

LSD will be going in my car. their prices are really just a bit more expensive then the hit or miss you get with ebay
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Im going to try a Bahnof stage 3, Its rated at 315hp 295tq

I have always had good luck with F1 racing clutches tell this stage 2.. but like scotthd20 said.. the stage 2 are know for slipping and not holding the power they are rated at. That I did not know when i bought the stage 2 a while back.. I wish I did not over look the clutch I ordered but whatever.. you live and learn

I have read really good things about Bahnhof stage 3 clutches from the info that is out there and it seems like it will be worth a shot for the price. The thing that really sold me was when i read about how they don't reuse pressure plates.. they actually make them out of better materials so they can hold more power.. unlike the stage 2's that are painted OE replacements.. This I now know..

So if you did not know like myself STAY away from stage 2 clutches stage 3 seem to hold power just fine from all the reviews i have read.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

lsd is good, can take alot of beating. Ive also had my act for a good 5 years now daily driven. the pads are done though so its getting a new disc.

damn near every ebay clutch(xtd and f1) have all blown up or worn out very fast in my cars. usually i run the 6 puck sprung and they wear out after a year. even on my buddies stock gsr worn out after a few years of just dd.

ive heard good stories but in my experience I's never buy one
ill stick with exedy,lsdmotorsports and act and save money
Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
never said rich was bad...but when you live so close to speed factory why not take it to one of the best in the industrie and someone who is know for single slams...that was my point...speed factory is know for getting down and dirty with the single jingles

as awesome as rcauto or goauto are and trust me they are top notch but put against speed industry I would pick S.I. hands down

not dogging you but its common knowledge that the stage 1 and 2 use a stock pressure plate which is weak as shit and will slip at 150whp
Speed factory is know for pushing motors to the limits with there tunes.. also they use a Hub dyno witch reads higher numbers then rich's.

My plan was to get tuned at SF but after I heard more then a few stories of motors blowing up I did not feel like giving them my car to tune.

True story.. I picked up my PTE 3231e turbo from a guy that Bought the turbo from SF and had his car tuned there also. well his rings cracked and that's why he was selling the kit. I'm not blaming SF for blowing his motor but I have heard one to many motors over at SF letting go. Maybe it was not spec'd correctly for the power it was making but I have also heard they don't care about peoples builds like there own. Just my two cents.. This is all stuff I have read or heard around the grape vine. Im by no means knocking SF at all.. Those guys do work with D's like no body else but a Tune is a tune.. either its safe or its not.. Im happy I got tuned at RT.

That dude does 3 tunes a day.. and It took me a week and a half to get in, that has to say something about the quality of the tunes he does. Plus hes a stand up guy.. His back was messed up and he stayed at the shop tell 8:30 pm to finish my tune. Nothing but respect for rich at this point.

Don't take this like im bashing anyone or anything like that.. I'm just letting people know that rich is a really good tuner just like james.. hes been doing it along time and knows his stuff
Old 05-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killaz View Post
lsd is good, can take alot of beating. Ive also had my act for a good 5 years now daily driven. the pads are done though so its getting a new disc.

damn near every ebay clutch(xtd and f1) have all blown up or worn out very fast in my cars. usually i run the 6 puck sprung and they wear out after a year. even on my buddies stock gsr worn out after a few years of just dd.

ive heard good stories but in my experience I's never buy one
ill stick with exedy,lsdmotorsports and act and save money
Bahnhof Stage 3 Clutch Kit 1992 2000 Honda Civic 93 95 Delsol 1 5L 1 6L D15 D16 | eBay

Well I guess ill be a guinea pig for this Bahnhof stage 3.. i hope to have a good review for you guys after I break it in and see how it grips
Old 05-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
I really like my Lsdmotorsports clutches! To bad they dont make a twin disc I had to buy this.

That thing is purrty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xcz3GFYSNo I waunt that wunn, i want that wunnn
Old 05-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 jockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enough

I use a $75 ppc xtreme pressure plate with a act 6 puck. Holding about 250hp with many launches on drag radials slipping the clutch off the line. Had a F1 racing clutch in the past too it held around 220hp for a bit before starting to slip. The discs are pretty crappy on these clutches that's why u go with act. It'll eat your pp and flywheel but it'll hold.

jockobo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in