OBX LSD - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down OBX LSD

Absolute piece of $#!%!
Lifetime warranty my @$$!
Didn't handle a stock d16y8! Less than 1000mi and look what happened!
They still try to sell this crap on ebay.
Crap material, worst machinery!
Absolute no support.
Be aware!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by c0V3Ro; 04-23-2014 at 08:28 PM.
c0V3Ro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

damn, that thing got lunched
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 TurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunna

Its OBX... honestly what did you expect lol Its not worth gambling with OBX.. ya some of there crap works but the metal they use is crap just like all knock off brands.

I just Googled OBX LSD review and the first thing that came up did the same thing as yours My OBX lsd Review/short and sweet///pictures added - Honda-Tech

It Pays to do some research before wasting money on crap parts that wont last.

Its good your posting this up though so other people will see OBX LSD is only good for a paper weight.

Sorry for your misfortune

Aquafina builds D series Transmissions with LSD diff for $699 shipped.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/trans...sd-review.html

Last edited by TurboD206; 04-23-2014 at 04:41 PM.
TurboD206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Sorry you got screwed. All of this was known and published by myself in 2008.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Unfortunately I didn't know D-series back in 2008.
Well, wish this post aware beginners.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Too bad a simple search of obx products and diffs wouldn't bring any results.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Good on you for posting a review. Hopefully others stay away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

So you wiped out a LSD and clutch with a stock Y8?

Sounds like a driver issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

I got an OBX LSD in my z6 trans and its seen a full season of Solo and one track day of HPDE, still holds up fine til this day.

But even I acknowledge that OBX was a hit or miss, and I am glad mine was a hit. LOLOL
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Imagine that kind of failure in a suspension part at 100Mph+ ...

Old 04-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

My Obx is still alive. It's a 8 y/o dif and was originally from my brothers turbo y8 that even ran 10s. Knock on wood

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

I don't even feel bad for you.

Or anyone that gets shit OBX's.

It is KNOWN that some are shit, some aren't. RESEARCH probably would have saved you the hassle.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

I didn't post here asking for your feelings, bro.
Posted to aware new buyers/builders.
That piece of junk cost me about US$700 with shipping and tax!
After failure and disassemble noticed gears bad machinery and poor copy from Mfactory one.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

M-factory at w-p-d racing will seal the deal.

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

Last edited by jvtec8k; 04-23-2014 at 10:09 PM.
jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0V3Ro View Post
After failure and disassemble noticed gears bad machinery and poor copy from Mfactory one.
1) I'm not your bro, nor anyones bro.
2) OBX was out before MFactory. After Aquafina and I had QC issues with the OBX, he made the move on the MFactory D series.

Lastly, I suspect that MAJOR wheel hop from either the driver or a suspension issue is the root cause here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0V3Ro View Post
Well "bro", you posted some bullshit review that EVERYONE here has seen a dozen times. You know where this "posted to aware new buyers" thread is gonna go? To the depths of forum hell like the rest of the obx is trash threads.

If anyone on this site buys an OBX LSD with hopes it's gonna be the best thing since cat chow-mein, they deserve to rip their trans apart in the first 3k miles.

If people, not just from this website, but everywhere would SEARCH, and do RESEARCH about parts, this kind of thing can be avoided.

This is YOUR FAULT for foolishly spending that kind of money on KNOWN JUNK, which you obviously didn't research or read about.

Since you don't care about our feelings, shoot OBX an email about how you pissed away $700 on their crap, and lets see if they care about yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Lastly, I suspect that MAJOR wheel hop from either the driver or a suspension issue is the root cause here.
Jackpot.

Driver error at its finest.

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry

Last edited by Staypuff578; 04-24-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Whats with all the agression towards the guy. Its only another review on how the product still sucks in this day and age?

Should he researched before he bought an item? Yes.

Is the issue cause by him? Or just cause its OBX garbage? Maybe both? Who knows.

All in all, the review is just another up to date reminder of why OBX is a no no. So why are people so angry in hurr? Esp that redneck that likes to play with long sticks and balls. hrmmm?
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slebidia

If you people keep paying for shit products then they'll keep making them. Just look at the F&F franchise.

slebidia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
Whats with all the agression towards the guy. Its only another review on how the product still sucks in this day and age?

Should he researched before he bought an item? Yes.

Is the issue cause by him? Or just cause its OBX garbage? Maybe both? Who knows.

All in all, the review is just another up to date reminder of why OBX is a no no. So why are people so angry in hurr? Esp that redneck that likes to play with long sticks and balls. hrmmm?
Because he doesn't care about my feelings BRO!

Hey, I'll do what I want with long sticks and balls.

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slebidia View Post
If you people keep paying for shit products then they'll keep making them. Just look at the F&F franchise.
Truth, this goes for more then just LSDs, LCDs, cars, phones, houses you names it.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d16y8, lsd, obx, s40, sohc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in