XTD carbon kevlar clutch Aluminum flywheel - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down XTD carbon kevlar clutch Aluminum flywheel

Garbage!
Clutch couldn't handle stock D16Y8 for 1000miles.
Flywheels gear ring welds got broken.
Lots of $$$ wasted in shop.
Absolute no support from ebayer.
XTD don't even got a website!
Be aware!
c0V3Ro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 TheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

yikes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TheSteelBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

So you wiped out a LSD and clutch with a stock Y8?

Sounds like a driver issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

yeah, yeah, ... and all others OEM parts are fine...

c0V3Ro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

Hmmmmmm....

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Something to be said about a quality part.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 04:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Did you break in the clutch properly? You say it didn't make it 1,000 miles but that is about the end of a normal break in period for kevlar.

Also check this out as I think a kevlar clutch is a bit overkill for your needs.

How to choose a clutch material

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....

I just bought a xtd clutch with a defective pressure plate and they sent me a new pressure plate overnight.

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0V3Ro View Post
Garbage!
Clutch couldn't handle stock D16Y8 for 1000miles.
Flywheels gear ring welds got broken.
Lots of $$$ wasted in shop.
Absolute no support from ebayer.
XTD don't even got a website!
Be aware!
Quite literally the first site that popped up on google "xtd clutch"

Distributors For Clutches | Clutch Kit Suppliers | Buy Online Clutches - XTD Clutch

Quote:
For questions about an order or for information about our products.
Aimco clutch 1611 Cordova St Unit E Los Angeles,CA 90007 .
Phone >> 323-731-6204.
Fax >> 323-731-6203.

toll free >> 800-594-0825 email: [email protected].
Hope this helps

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in