Tires - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2003, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
dxmannn

Michellen xgt these are the worst tires in the world i have them on my car right now and in the snow when i push the gass i was stuck ..(3inces of snow), there terrable in the rain hydroplanes and i lose control over 45mph on the highway pretty good thow in the dry but after about 4 months the tred wore down very much and traction is hard to get so like i said these tires is full of sht
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2003, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I recommend Dunlop SP Sport A2 (H-rated) tires for all-weather conditions. They have been on my car for over a year and still work very well. Dry weather traction is excellent (I've yet to find an all-weather tire that matches them), and they don't hydroplane hardly at all (only one time have i made them do it: 60 mph into a 3" deep puddle). Winter traction is so-so; because of the sticky rubber, ice traction is pretty darn good. Snow tho...thats their weak point. Dry stuff, thats fine, but not the heavy slushy crap. The tread isn't very deep like regular snow tires; they will get stuck if one isn't careful. Then again, maybe I'm just being hard on them, driving in *gasp* the Lake Superior snowbelt. I love the handling on these tires, too. The guy i had mount them said the sidewalls were so stiff he had problems getting them on the rims. Word of caution: these grip very well and give wheel hop on stock motor mounts.

Added bonus: they're easy on the pocketbook at under $70 per, at least for 185/65-R14s.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2003, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
redteg87

Falken Azenis are the best tire for your money for all but two things:

Snow
Drag Racing

Old 12-15-2003, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
sgvridgerunner

True! Atzenas are good tires, but nothing beats the old Yokohama AVS intermediates. Ahhh, the good old days of Auto-xing...Till they discontinued them!!! Bastards.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 robtec is learning the way of the Drobtec is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

kuhmo ecta supra , toyo proxes.pirellis hp,all great tires.

i had the pirelis on my ex from98 to 2002 and they perform very well.

the toyo proxes provides good grip in my gsr much like the kuhmos i had before.
robtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2003, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 pearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Yokohama AVS ES100's are my choice... Great in the wet too!
pearl62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2004, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
crazycameleon

Falken azenis or dunlop fm901
Old 01-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

nitto drag radials are nice...i like toyo proxes too besides the fact i wear them down to fast
sleepingrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
KleenEX

ventus actually makes good tires for the money. great wet traction for those of us in florida
Old 01-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

nitto neo gen has sticky ass rubber .. good for street racing / drag racing on street tires ... toyo proxies are the best ...
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2004, 09:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Milliardo

Anyone used Dunlop LeMans 702? I just bought a set of them for my new mags, and so far I am happy with them, but isnce I only have them for 2 days, I'm not sure how they are in the long run.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

i just picked up two 15 inch Yokohama AVIDs .. for $ 30 bucks ... couldnt pass that up
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2004, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycameleon
Falken azenis or dunlop fm901

For some reason, I never liked the FM901s, I like the SP9000s a LOT more...
dester223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2004, 09:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

bridgestone potenza re 910. very good in wet conditions. holds corners very well. only sucks in snow. you can get going but the snow gets stuck in the groves and you hit the gas and only spin the tires. like driving on slicks in the snow.

but for performance, they're very good.

I love them. they're so much better than the firestone's. I had a set of dunlop somethings. I can't remember, they were alright, I went through that set in a year. almost a year on these tires and holy shit I can't tell. the tread still looks new.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
lilcivcithatdid

Been running pole positions s02's for two years now..best tire ever. (1955015) Excellant in rain, puddles, ect. Never tried in snow, usually put my stocks on for that...but dry..O damn..VERY nice. But because of the soft compounds just like any other v or up rated tire you have to rotate them Very aggresively to get any kind of life out of them.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
97civichatch

I have had Dunlop Sport A2's which I thought were ok, but I liked the Dunlop Sport 9000's that I had before better. I've also owned a set of Toyo Proxes which were on my rims when I bought them from my friend and even though they were almost bald stuck pretty good. Ventus is a good tire for the money. I had one of their H rated directional tires and they did good, but not as good as the 9000's or Proxes. My next set, which I have to buy soon, is going to be a set of Bridgestone Pole Position S-03's.

^^^^I've only had the car for 3 years....damn I kill tires!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

anyone heard of wanli? i just bought some of they're tires, i'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
tmoore

I had some avon ZZ1's from townfair. They performed very well and were virtually undistructable. The only problem is they were loud as hell!
Then i used the yoko avids, excellent tire for the money quiet and aggressive!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Ok, just got the wanli's on last friday. DAMN, for the money ($73 dollars a pop) they are WELL worth the money. we had a wintery mix hear last night, and the tires did alright for a high performance tire. and from what rain we did have over the past weekend they do ok in the rain.

now for the dry street, they ride MUCH better than the kumho 711, and bfgoodrich euro t/a's. they grip just as good or better than the two others i mentioned. i would just like to recommend these tires as a trial tire for anyone who is looking for a tire that is less than a $100 a pop. they work very well, especially if you live somewhere that doesn't snow much. but so far not many issues with them in a wintry mix. now i can't speak for how well they do in the snow or on ice, haven't got enough snow to make a judgement yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2004, 06:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
I used to be Admin.....

Rep Power: 17 Deck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Deck

Im on my second set of my Yokohama Paradas spec-2's.....they kick ass. NO complaining when I throw them around turns, grippy as hell, and excellent wet-weather traction.
Deck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in