Taco Taco cast manifold - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 HUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Taco Taco cast manifold

Review on an Ilovetacotaco cast log intake manifold.

Fitment: 92-95 D15/D16 (May fit more?) Claimed A/C P/S compatible.
Price: $79.95 (Ebay cast mani, its cheap)
Shipping: Fast shipment, terrible packaging (So bad the gasket sent with it was in two pieces, but I didn't buy it for the gasket)
Fitment on vehicle: Haven't fitted it yet, will update.
Quality: I made the assumption before buying that I would be in there cleaning up tons of cast marks and smoothing edges. Not the case. The interior was surprisingly clean. And only the WG bolt holes needed to be deburred. The only other area I cleaned up was all mounting bolt hole surfaces. This was easy work with a file.
Hardware used: The only real hardware used here is mounting studs for the turbo. I did test fit these with a gasket in there. No way you're getting a nut and lock washer on there. Also the hardware was not of any high grade, so it will all be getting replaced. But again, I bought this for the manifold and nothing else.

Pics.
Shipping

How it came out of the box.

Ran over this surface quickly with a file just to get rid of any raised edges. Otherwise looks pretty straight.

Same story here. And you can also see where I hit the head mounting holes with a file.

Deburred the W/G mounting bolt holes. Pay no mind to the blocking plate, I built and installed that myself. It is not included from tacotaco.

Outside. Homemade W/G blocking plate again.

Macro closeup of one of the cleaned areas.

Questions or comments, feel free to ask.
HUFFING x GAS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 19 2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Looks like you did all the right things to it.

1991 Civic Si 335,000 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The engine doesnt matter. Its small, it pulls, and when it makes noise I advance forward.
2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
2000redCIVICsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

JDM Sport!
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 HUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to all

I mean, its a solid piece. I was only slightly upset about the shipping condition but its cast, you might dent it but you're not gonna break it. Not without heat anyway.

But taco was cool enough to give me back some money towards another purchase in his store. Since neither of us wanted to deal with the hassle of shipping claims and returns...
Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

What did you use to debur the ports?
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Looks good. Nicely done!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
What did you use to debur the ports?
I didnt actually do anything to the ports. It was a pretty smooth casting. I could go in and polish the ports but everything even down to the collector is pretty well cast.

The bolt holes for the WG were deburred with a die grinder and a ball style carbide bit. If I were to polish the ports/runners I would use the same setup and different carbide bits.

My horsepower goal doesn't really require me to do that, though it would be fun just to try it as a test of skill.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

wonder if you have to used an elbow if you are running a Tial WG like I had to with my manifold.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 05:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUFFING x GAS View Post
But taco was cool enough to give me back some money towards another purchase in his store. Since neither of us wanted to deal with the hassle of shipping claims and returns...
Darn, I should have tried that when I purchased mine! Mine came banged up w/holes in the box but everything survived. None of the nuts/studs fell out the gaping holes, which was surprising.

Does anyone know what manifold this is based off? It looks like the chinese used a BLOX b-series manifold "shrunk" the appropriate amount for the lesser bore spacing & changed it to a D16 flange. In any case it looks to be one of the best designs out there for D16's regarding WG placement & turbo flange angles. I'd like to see how well it can fit with A/C since I'll be keeping AC when I swap to this manifold.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 06:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Looks like a win to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Does it fit on the head? Heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

ah i order mines some months back. Didnt seem to have these problems.

And if your wastegate is around 5inchs it will touch the outter part of the hood and your need to trim the webbing for it doesnt rub.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 jockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enough

Seems expensive. I got what looks to be the same thing for 65 bucks. I love taco has good customer service but i ordered a shift knob from him that didn't fit so he sent another one that was the same thing...so I just have 2 shift knobs sitting around doing nothing now lol. Its actually the right thread pattern for my genesis though.
jockobo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

That same design seems to be copied from all of the different ebay sellers.... Im sure they all come from the same chinese factory....
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

It's a decent piece. I ended up porting it and cleaning up all the threads.
Also they are about 56 bucks shipped New Honda Civic T3 Cast Iron Turbo Exhaust Manifold D D15 D16 CRX T3 T4 D Series | eBay
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

302hp/262TQ

crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricuanolgy View Post
wonder if you have to used an elbow if you are running a Tial WG like I had to with my manifold.
My current turbo has an internal WG, but if I go external I will likely run an elbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Does it fit on the head? Heh.
Good question. Heads at the machine shop still. Guess I could slap it on the D15Z1 and see if it bolts up (assuming they share the same pattern? idk.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
ah i order mines some months back. Didnt seem to have these problems.

And if your wastegate is around 5inchs it will touch the outter part of the hood and your need to trim the webbing for it doesnt rub.
Well I would guess there are parts in their warehouse that have been there and moved around for years, and some that have not. Perhaps you got lucky, or maybe my postman is a real dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockobo View Post
Seems expensive. I got what looks to be the same thing for 65 bucks. I love taco has good customer service but i ordered a shift knob from him that didn't fit so he sent another one that was the same thing...so I just have 2 shift knobs sitting around doing nothing now lol. Its actually the right thread pattern for my genesis though.
They have been reasonable with me. And Ive ordered at least three different items from them. I chose the manifold for its WG position. I know you can get cheaper ones that have the WG port located on the #1 runner but I dont personally like that design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwbr View Post
That same design seems to be copied from all of the different ebay sellers.... Im sure they all come from the same chinese factory....
Wouldnt surprise me, but mine is genuine JDM, says so on the casting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxlifer21 View Post
It's a decent piece. I ended up porting it and cleaning up all the threads.
Also they are about 56 bucks shipped New Honda Civic T3 Cast Iron Turbo Exhaust Manifold D D15 D16 CRX T3 T4 D Series | eBay
Never noticed that one. Seems like it may have been a better choice for WG positioning when/if I go external. And it costs less. My google skills need work.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

For the price, you cannot complain but damn that packaging was destroyed. ha ha
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Works As Supposed to.

Packaging is uaully a mess trying to cram these things in.

Turbofitment is OK,

Comp. Housing on Pass side requires block to be ground (For me), and Comp to the Drivers side will poke into where a full length rad or AC would go.

Angle is kinda Annoying,
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 jamesva is learning the way of the Djamesva is learning the way of the D

I'm super interested in fitment! Any pics or more comments to come?
jamesva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesva View Post
I'm super interested in fitment! Any pics or more comments to come?
Ill get you some pix later on today.

I have the same manifold and a test block and turbo.
Last i remember its abot 4 inchs from turbo to ac comp. But that doesnt include a flange.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in