energy suspension motor mount inserts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2003, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

i just put them a couple of hours ago but so far so good. i put them all in ( 3 tourqu mounts). i have a bit of vibration at idle but nothing that i won't get used to. i can already tell how much nicer it shifts. now i just have to see about wheel spin/hop.

[/img]

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2003, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 2redstars is learning the way of the D2redstars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 2redstars

dude! it looks like someone vomited on your car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2redstars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2004, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 d16a6 power is learning the way of the Dd16a6 power is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

How do you install the inserts.Because i need some soon whrn putting my engine back in. Are you still satisfied with them?Thanks
d16a6 power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2004, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all

they are really easy to install. just remove the mount and slide them in. 2 of mine needed zip ties to hold them together. the ties were included. for $34 you can't go wrong. and yes i still like them. they make my cd player skip when starting off in 1st gear but i don't care.

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

Old 01-17-2004, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

cool
I want them!

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2004, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxtscy is learning the way of the Dcrxtscy is learning the way of the D

Cool. Bang for buck indeed. I'll head out and get some soon.
crxtscy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2004, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

First off, the rear insert does the most benefit.

I had the cure (fender washers) for ES front lower inserts, emailed them about it, but they had their idea at the same time.

Without the ties or fenderwashers, the LF inner insert can work out and run on the AC belt.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2004, 01:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxtscy is learning the way of the Dcrxtscy is learning the way of the D

Is the rear one hard to get at. I should proabably know but its late and I should get some sleep.
crxtscy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2004, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

after doing plugs in a 86 Trans Am, the rear mount is a peice of cake.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

not hard at all if you have a lift. i think that the rear mount was something like 4 bolt, maybe 5 and just pull it up a bit, slide in the inserts and then slide it back down. they still do shake a bit but the wheel hop is almost completly gone. i put them in to stop the wheel hop and also i didn't want to run drag radials on stock mounts.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
I used to be Admin.....

Rep Power: 17 Deck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2redstars
dude! it looks like someone vomited on your car.
Hahahah! $1000 for you!!!
Deck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2004, 08:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
jdmspecdc5

the tougher mount insterts should be able to help control the engine movement under hard running.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2004, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
lilcivcithatdid

True ^ I've had mine in for awhile now, after a while you get use to the vibration, however you must prepare yourself for more rattles than you thought possible suddenly "popping up". Although I will admit extra noises is worth the dramatic corner handling I achieve with them as opposed to without. Much more of a solid feel, envokes more confidence.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

Anybody have any input on whether these work better than just filling oem mounts with 3m window weld or some other similar substance?

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 09:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Juddi702

I have the complete Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts and Energy Suspension Hyperflex Bushing Kit throughout the whole car. I can't complain for the price I paid and just did my own labor. Heard the energy red ones squeak alot.

Oh ya, You need to clean ur engine bay..
Old 02-18-2004, 04:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

i have those inserts in for about a year now and my car vibrates like a bitch, i mean EVERYTHING vibrates but they work sweeeet
boud92si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2004, 10:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to D15VtecLessCr-x Send a message via Skype™ to D15VtecLessCr-x

Yea i have the red polyurathane motor inserts too and ive had them in there for almost a month... yea everything vibrates.

The original motor mounts take most of that vibration and transfer it to the motor... cuase it to move and not stick in one place... like the polyurathane ones... they make the motor stick in one place unlike the original motor mounts.
D15VtecLessCr-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2004, 12:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
6gcivic

What the first guy said.. It looks like someone vomited on your car.

LOL I laughed my ass off out loud for like 10 minutes. Maybe I'm just bored!!
Old 04-08-2004, 03:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6gcivic
What the first guy said.. It looks like someone vomited on your car.

LOL I laughed my ass off out loud for like 10 minutes. Maybe I'm just bored!!
why don't you spend more time trying to get your car faster than mine and less time worrying about what my engine bay looks like.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

don't worry, he is just a ricer worried about getting poontang from having a HOT civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in