Ebay header heat wrap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ebay header heat wrap

Does anybody have luck with it or is it going to fall apart on me? only need like five feet of it
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Do you have a link? What are you wrapping?

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

I was just gonna get this:
Dei 1" x 15' Header Exhaust Manifold Heat Wrap Black | eBay

its for a downpipe just a little section of it thats very close to my radiator

Old 01-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

I used that one before. It was ok, but I recently used the titanium wrap. It's way better.
Dei 010128 1" x 15' Exhaust Manifold Header Downpipe Heat Wrap Titanium | eBay

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 01-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Cool. Ill go ahead and order that one instead thanks a lot man
Old 01-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Go for the Thermal Zero wrap, thicker than DEI.

thermalsolutions on eBay

Speaking of which, I need to go see him tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 02:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Forgot to say that if you're doing a down pipe, get the 2" wrap.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 pwnsauce will become famous soon enoughpwnsauce will become famous soon enoughpwnsauce will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

DEI makes decent wrap. Only thing id say bad about it is, it is thinner compared to other wraps i've felt. I prefer titanium also, even if it doesnt hold more heat in the exhaust than the other wraps it looks cooler imo and is the same price. I can full on grab a runner on my manifold after a nice spirited drive and not burn myself at all.

I would use 1" wide wrap for a 4-2-1 header or most turbo manifolds. And 2" wide for a downpipe. 1" wrap is a lot easier to manipulate and wrap complex or tightly packed runners than 2".

Also i bet you'll need more than 5 feet, I used 15 feet on my megan header and could only get the 4-2 section wrapped and left the 2-1 section un wrapped.

Last edited by pwnsauce; 01-03-2014 at 02:50 AM.
pwnsauce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thinking of doing this to my y8 manifold since the cover is missing. When u pop the hood it looks like a rusty eyesore ATM. Anyone do there stock manifold? Keep readying stories about cracking after u wrap it. A year or so down the line
777sc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777sc View Post
Thinking of doing this to my y8 manifold since the cover is missing. When u pop the hood it looks like a rusty eyesore ATM. Anyone do there stock manifold? Keep readying stories about cracking after u wrap it. A year or so down the line
not worth the expense, just paint it with high temp paint instead.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777sc View Post
Wrapped or not they crack. Common issue with the y7 cat/manifold. Get a stock y8 setup and use it, performs and looks better.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Well now i wish i would have gotten the thermasolutions but i all ready bought it went with the DEI titanium 1''X15' wrap hope it works out. would of been nice to get some ties with it too I didnt even think about it ill probably try and use hose clamps
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I prefer the SS hose clamps. The DEI ties were a PITA and after three failed attempts I through them away!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 pwnsauce will become famous soon enoughpwnsauce will become famous soon enoughpwnsauce will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwbr View Post
Well now i wish i would have gotten the thermasolutions but i all ready bought it went with the DEI titanium 1''X15' wrap hope it works out. would of been nice to get some ties with it too I didnt even think about it ill probably try and use hose clamps
The physical material should be the same, or very close. Just overlap it a little more if you want it thicker, but keep in mind you'll need more wrap.

I didnt have a problem with the DEI ties. Their kind of a pain but once i got them on they were snug ever since. That was like 6 months ago if i remember correct. Never tried the hose clamps though.
pwnsauce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I prefer the SS hose clamps. The DEI ties were a PITA and after three failed attempts I through them away!
I too hated the DEI clamps, they are a pain. I ended up using some tie wire I had laying around and it worked awesome.

@ OP, I used DEI brand on my car. It works fairly well, If it matters the DEI is supposed to be Dale Earnhardt Incorporated.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Cool I think it should work out then it is only 1'' strip but 15' hopefully this should keep temps down
Old 01-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwbr View Post
You should of gotten the 2"x15". The 1"x15" is a fairly small roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
If it matters the DEI is supposed to be Dale Earnhardt Incorporated.

DEI acronym for DESIGN ENGINEERING INC when it comes to exhaust wraps.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
I too hated the DEI clamps, they are a pain. I ended up using some tie wire I had laying around and it worked awesome.

@ OP, I used DEI brand on my car. It works fairly well, If it matters the DEI is supposed to be Dale Earnhardt Incorporated.
WRONG.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Ive always used stainless 'lock wire' to secure header wrap. Those ties looked expensive.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2014, 12:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 tm0n3y is learning the way of the Dtm0n3y is learning the way of the D

My buddy Mike wrapped his down pipe and charge pipe on his 600+hp turbo civic about a year ago with the DEI titanium and I think it looks good as well as he said help to keep down under the hood temps and still going strong! here's a pic!

D16z6, Eagle Rods, ARP Head Studs, Vitara 75.5 Pistons, Z6 head, Crower Cam, Skunk 2 pro intake mani, ID 1000cc, T4 ar.63/.82 Turbonectics BB Turbo, NSR tech Ram Horn Manifold, Turbo Smart 38mm WG s300, Boost by Gear
tm0n3y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in