AUTOMETER AIR/FUEL METER - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2003, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

i got this when i got my nitrous kit and it has saved my ass 2times. now i know you cant use it to tune the car but it WILL show you when you are running lean. like when the defective B&M fpr i had on took a crap i ran lean, now if i didnt have the meter i would have started melting stuff very quick. and when the vac/pressure line from the zex box blew off the fpr during a race ill bet by the end of the track i would have had to get a 70 mile tow but i saw it was running lean and i stopped. i suggest everyone buy this when your running boost or nitrous, not for tuning but for letting you know when your running lean cause of a fuel problem... its the best 60 bucks i spent!
konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
984drcivic

I so agree. Mine also helped me find out that my 02 sensors was shot. Couldnt pass emitions testing because of it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2004, 01:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

konig, the AM AF meter has saved my ass MANY times when spraying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2004, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i concur, definetly a good investment
99ekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

when i spray it lights all of the lights up. i have the o2 wire soldered in by the ecu and the ground is bolted to the body. i figure it should be good but it's not. any idea's?

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2004, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

if those 7-9 lights are all green, your doing fine.

If you see it dip into the yellow, be VERY careful!!!!!!!!

If the gauge goes dead red, your melting pistons and plugs, which I've done!!!!!!!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
if those 7-9 lights are all green, your doing fine.

If you see it dip into the yellow, be VERY careful!!!!!!!!

If the gauge goes dead red, your melting pistons and plugs, which I've done!!!!!!!
what do i do when they all light up, yell weeeee!!!!!? i mean every light on the gauge turns on. it's kinda funny.

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

Old 02-18-2004, 03:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

kaboom, you need more fuel.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

i need more fuel? i look at the plugs and they have a very light brown color to them. when i'm spraying my friends say that is black smoke that come from the exhaust like i'm running rich.

Old 02-18-2004, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

well i just went out for a drive and now its lighting up like 5-8 green lights. guess i'm good huh?

Old 03-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
slow97dx

question: when I first installed mine, at idle, the led's would sweep from left to right in a very slow, smooth movement; I put on a header (zip tied the 2nd O2 sensor to the chassis) and it moved a little more jittery, had to put my stock manifold back on for smogging (CA) and ever since it jumps all over the place; it still moves from red to green like it used to, but its jittery like you wouldnt believe... is that normal? Only mods are aem cai and exhaust
Old 03-10-2004, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
mycivicdx

good question. i would like to know that myself since mine does that as well.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Do you guys know where i can buy a cheap air/fuel meter, and what brand??
civic-vti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

get a used autometer off ebay.. and yes it does sweep from lean to rich but when your over i think 80% throttle it will go into rich and stay there, unless something is wrong...
konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in