Headlight Bulbs: Napa White Lite Premium - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 haydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Headlight Bulbs: Napa White Lite Premium

My car came with a HID system that made my car seem like it was going to stall every time I turned the lights on. And I kept getting flashed by people who thought my brights were on. I don't like being blinded by headlights myself, so I figured I'd do something to avoid blinding others. Plus, I don't want to give cops a reason to focus their attention on me.

I started to research my options and couldn't find a manual for my HID system anywhere. Finally I just went up to Napa and asked one of their guys for some advice. He explained that if I wanted regular bulbs, all I had to do was unplug the HID balasts and plug in new bulbs. Easy peasy. He suggested these Napa White Lite Premium bulbs because they're bright, even though he said I might be disappointed after using HIDs.

I bought them, took out the HID system and put these in. They're plenty bright enough. My car doesn't stumble when I turn on the lights, and so far nobody has flashed their brights at me when I pass them on the road. I paid $23.66 including tax. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
haydeon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 _Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ill have to try a set of these when my Silverstar ZXE bulbs die.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_Jack_Bauer_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Rewire your headlights off of a relay. Then never worry about HIDs again.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Beave is right on this one, you can get a little more output with those bulbs you just bought by upgrading.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 haydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to all

Cool. Thanks for the information. While I'm happy that I got rid of the HID system, I'm not to happy with what the previous owner did when he installed it. The headlights don't really fit under the hood right. They look like a slightly different shape than OEM. They also cut the wires so I can only hook up one set of lamps, the ones on the outside, which I think are supposed to be for highbeams, but I'm not sure. The remaining wires are too short to reach to the inner lenses.

After I do the bearings and seals on my transmission, I'll see if I can find some OEM lenses at the junkyard and then I'll see about trying the relay idea.

This where I have to install the bulbs. The wires won't reach the other lens.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Are crx headlights the same? I think I have a spare set of CRX headlights I would trade for the HID setup.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Damn. I gave the ballasts to the parts guy. One of them had water dripping out of it anyway.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

CRX lights are the same, and if noone claims them Joel, pm me pics!

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

thanks for the review of these bulbs. i've been working at a napa store for about 2 years now and always wondered about these over the brightlight bulbs i got from them a while ago. those both burned out within 8 months or so but did seem a little brighter. i'm always looking for lighting upgrades but i think in my case i'm going to have to try to bend my headlight assy brackets on the vehicle to realign the lights because of previous owner damage to the front right. it points like 10 feet up in the air now as is lol.

edit: just looked into availability of lights and the "britelite" bulbs i bought previously have been superseded by a long life bulb with a blue tint.

Last edited by thedeepestgray; 02-15-2014 at 07:53 AM.
thedeepestgray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

I'm happy with them so far. They're plenty bright enough, and I don't get people flashing their brights at me like I did before.

The lenses the previous owner left me with aren't that great and point a little too high. Hopefully I can adjust them. I'll see if I can do that when the weather clears up. I gotta firgure out where water is coming from that's leaking into my spare tire area and passenger floorboard while I'm at it.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

two separate leaks? pass floor board is definitely water and not coolant from the heater core? trunk area is tough. check all the rubber mouldings around the trunk lid. could be coming from underneath too. water leaks are such a bitch...my driver side door gets a bit of water since i was an idiot and punched the door panel and broke it lol
thedeepestgray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks! I'm sure it's not coolant. My radiator stays full, and the water keeps coming. I found the water leak on the passenger side when I was checking continuity on some wires going to my ECU. At first I freaked out because I thought somehow the water may have fried my ECU, but it doesn't seem to be getting wet.

I think there may be some pieces missing on my firewall letting water in, and I found a crack one of the seals around one of my hatchback hinges.

I want to get out there and dig around some more, maybe take out some interior panels and have my wife spray the car, but it's been raining for like a week straight. UGH.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in