Harbor Freight 2.5 ton low profile jack - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Red-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Harbor Freight 2.5 ton low profile jack

What's up DSO? I just recently bought this Pittsburgh jack through harbor freight for my engine swap, it was only $90 with a coupon. I brought it home, got it out of the box and immediately put it to work. I have complete faith in this jack lifting my car. The jack itself weighs 75 pounds and goes from 2.5 inches to 20 inches high. It has the "rapid pump" system so it goes from full rest to maxed out in 5 pumps. I definitely recommend getting this jack. All the powder coating on the jack is well done, and all the hardware was tight right out of the box, I used this jack to lift the car up to pull the engine out from under it. It even has the little port so you can add hydraulic fluid whenever it needs to be serviced.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353605.357477.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	55386

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353623.851270.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	55394

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353639.375237.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	55402

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353651.013974.jpg
Views:	1233
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	55410

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Red-Rocket; 12-06-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Red-Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

I got an older version of the HF 2.5 ton low profile jack. Bought around 4 years ago. Single piston but I have abused the hell out of that thing. The frame is bent a little on mine but still works like a champ, I am just extra careful when using it these days. I plan to replace it though. Good pickup!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
built single cam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 gzes will become famous soon enoughgzes will become famous soon enoughgzes will become famous soon enough

I believe I have an older one bought it used for $30ish works great. Wanna buy a 2nd one. Have used it to pull motors aswell and it works fine
gzes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I have this jack and its great!

anyone reading this, dont buy the cheap "racing" jack for 40 bucks, just buy this one and your good to go
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

I also bought mine about 4 years ago and it still works flawlessly! Plan on getting the 3 ton rapid pump for the heavier vehicles that I take care of.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

The racing jack is really only for jacking up the car at the track to swap wheels.

This jack on the other hand, is way too heavy for that type of shit. Looks pretty decent for the cash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have this jack and the rapid pump action stopped working after a couple of months and I didn't use it much. Now to late to exchange it but still works fine but takes longer to jack up stuff
777sc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

^^^ you can still have it replaced, just ask them to let you buy a warranty for it...
they should just charge you $20 or whatever the two year warranty cost is...

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I've never had good luck in terms of longevity with lightweight aluminum jacks in general. My steel low profile HF jack (the orange one 4door pictured) has served me extremely well over the last 3 years or so.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

I have this jack myself and i love it! Freaking beast mode! I paid about $80 on mine when it on sale

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 7 nuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunna

i know its an old thread but i did wonder about these ive been contemplating about HF products over a few months now i got some good info i will post on here i learned from my co-worker who does intensive research before buying anything anywhere just out of his insurance.
HF is actually pretty good, read their FINE print about where their products come from. I was surprised!
nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

There pro line on hand tools are actually very good

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Door View Post
I got the orange one in that pic. It is definitely showing it's age now after 4 years of abuse. But still has the strength to lift cars as heavy as my '62 Tbird, just gotta be extra careful now when using it. It has definitely paid for itself after all that use. I'm due for a replacement and will most likely go with another HF low pro jack. Too bad Costco doesn't sell that Arcan 3.5xl for $100. That thing is a freaking steal at that price, plus a lot of great reviews over at garagejournal.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCitTOem View Post
i have the blue one in this picture and it works perfect, my dad gave it to me so you cant beat free. i have never had a problem with it and i have had it about 2 years now, its way better than my steel craftsman lowpro jack i had and it fits under my car that is dumped on function and form type 2

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Just bought the blue aluminum one pictured (smaller of the 2 1.5 ton HF jacks) and LOVE it. Got it for $65 on sale. It's the only jack I can slide under my car without issue. (one-half-finger gap in front, two in back)
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

This thing is on sale right now at Harbor Freight again. Can be had for $80 bucks
FullOutPwr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 7 nuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunnanuckles is da #1 stunna

Just bought the 3 ton low pro jack today it works wonders!
nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
i have the blue one in this picture and it works perfect, my dad gave it to me so you cant beat free. i have never had a problem with it and i have had it about 2 years now, its way better than my steel craftsman lowpro jack i had and it fits under my car that is dumped on function and form type 2
I have the arcan from costco and its the same exact jack as this. I would not be surprised if these two are just re-labed from the same company
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in