Ebay Steering Wheel - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 haydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ebay Steering Wheel

320mm, red stitch, black pvc leather. It came with a hub adapter. Total costs: $55.

My stock steering wheel was all gross and squishy feeling. This one makes the car feel new. It smells new too. The plastic sleeve they sent to cover the hub adapter wasn't big enough so I just left it off. It was super easy to install. My horn wasn't working before, so I didn't try to hook the button up. The connector thingy for the horn looks kinda cheap and I'm not sure how it would work, but I don't need or want a horn anyway.

I'm definitely satisfied. It looks and feels good and does the job.

Here's how it looks installed in my car:
haydeon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

You don't need a horn? WTF is that crap?

I do think that would feel better than a really beat up stocker, but for that money, I'd have spent a bit more and gotten a Grant, or even a used Grant.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I wasnt going to say anything..

Those cheap Ebay/NRG wheels bend like bubble gum wrappers.

But, if thats what you want, who am I to stop you.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
I wasnt going to say anything..

But, if thats what you want, who am I to stop you.
NRG wheels? The NRG ones I've seen are solid, not PVC inside like the ebay ones.

OP the horn isn't hard to install, the wire is the horn switch output (to wiring) and the ground is the other prong (grounded to hub or wheel). It is illegal to not have a functioning horn.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
NRG wheels?.
yup, nrg wheels. i bent mine in a fit of rage, two or three blows maximum, went all out of shape. had to get me a sparco wheel.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 gzes will become famous soon enoughgzes will become famous soon enoughgzes will become famous soon enough

had ebay wheel it bent so got a sparco. no horn on mine tho.. too lazy to get a removable hub and wire it up. had it wired but it would pull off when locking turns
gzes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 frejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enough

I had an ebay steering wheel, the deep dish OMP corsica copy. It wasnt that bad, a bit more flex than the proper one i got now.

However the splines in the adapter were cast, and looked horrible, they worked but it didnt give me confidence.

Now i got a steel wheel (cant remember what brand) and made my own adapter in the mill with a rotary table. Solid as f*ck.
frejohg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i made a writeup on how to install a wheel wiith working horn and no SRS light
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

looks like a cheap POS

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 haydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to allhaydeon is a name known to all

Thanks for all the feedback. I bought the steering wheel on impulse after spending three days replacing oil seals and the clutch on my wife's car. It was a little gift to myself. A friend told me he had one that bent when push-starting his car once. Hopefully I won't have to deal with that anytime soon. I'm not racing, and I'm not prone to fits of rage, so I don't really see how I could bend it under normal driving conditions. If it fails, I'll get something better next time.

The horn was hooked up and not working before, and I don't really care. The cold air intake, header and missing cat are illegal, and the headlights probably are too. Up where I live, the car only has to be smogged when transferring the title (unless a close family member sells you the car, which is how I avoided that), and we don't have any kind of vehicle inspection to worry about.

Right now I'm spending most of my time worrying about noises coming from the transmission and getting ready to change the ISB. This steering wheel looks and feels good to me and actually kind of inspires me to want to fix the tranny.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Door View Post
looks like a cheap POS
In that case it matches my ridiculous hood.

This is my work car. Ain't tryin' to impress nobody.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

no worries op, we all have been there. keep up the hard work.

dso is about love. tough love, but love anyway.

Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddcartes View Post
no worries op, we all have been there. keep up the hard work.

dso is about love. tough love, but love anyway.

Cool man, thanks. I'm starting to figure that out.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Y does that wheel look like its been photo shopped into a different photo?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydeon View Post
Cool man, thanks. I'm starting to figure that out.
yup

and i would hate to see you spend your money on something that may not last...

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubie View Post
Y does that wheel look like its been photo shopped into a different photo?
For some reason the steering wheel came out focused and the rest is a little blurred. Not sure why. And the flash made the original pic look weird, so I touched it up by messing around with the brightness and contrast to make it look more like an ad. It's kind of a joke based on this poster I had in my room when I was a kid:

Here's the un-Photoshopped original:

Last edited by haydeon; 11-24-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
セックス大好き

Rep Power: 43 moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I have a cheap ebay wheel in my 240, I havent even driven the car and it's bent. Right out of the box.

And my car doesn't even have a horn, like the physical horn itself. No point in hooking the wires up lol. Ill get an aftermarket one and wire it to a little push button on a gauge panel im going to make

1993 240sx Coupe * GONE * Farewell old friend..

1992 240sx Coupe * Awaiting 1JZ-GTE * New Drift Build

199X 240sx RHD 3S-GE 6MT * On-the-back-burner * Track Car Project

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops
moss500berg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

i bought one of these wheels before they look great but the top is super flimsy.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 frejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enoughfrejohg will become famous soon enough

In the long run, buy a quality wheel.

Remember, it is one of the few parts you can take with you to the next car you decide to buy.
frejohg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

its also one of the few parts that will murder you if it breaks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ebay, steering wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in