Review: Korbach Performance 92-95 Framelocks - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2005, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi
Default Review: Korbach Performance 92-95 Framelocks

www.korbachperformance.com

There is a lot of debates about this product over on honda-tech. I signed up to be a beta tester late last year before the eg frame lock was out. Originally I was supposed to go down to korbach and have them install them onto my car and use my car for the install manual. Being 4 hours away though, I could not make the time to get down there. So I got a set of betas mailed to me.

I was very surprised at the difference between the 96+ civic frame locks and the 92-95 frame locks. They are made out of 1 piece and it looks great. Total install time was about 1 hour 15 minutes. I took my time and cleaned a lot of little things as I was going. I did have a problem with the last 3/8 hole I was drilling, the bit did not want to bite. I tried another 3/8ths and it would not bite either. Turns out I messed my Makita drill up a little, so an error on my part. I reassembled everything after installing these and I ran into a problem fitting my bumper back on. You see I have the oem style foglights on my car and the brackets on the foglights hit the bottom of the framelock making it so you can not fit the bumper back on. I had to cut the back of the brackets on my foglights and actually file down part of the light housing itself to get my bumper to fit back on correctly. This really was not a big deal to me, it just took some extra time. SO if you have oem style foglights, be aware of this.

Driving Impressions:

I installed these Tuesday the 10th of May. I took the car out for the initial test drive. Even driving down my 3/4 of a mile dirt driveway I noticed a difference in the feeling when going over small bumps. The front end felt more solid. Now I took it for a test drive on some roads I am very familiar with. You can definately tell that these have increased the stiffness of the car. The steering responce feels like it has increased also, it is like I can feel more of what the car is doing through the steering wheel if that makes sense.

May 14th I had my first auto x of the season. I am part of a small car club that has been together since the early 1960s. We put in an event each month. It is not a true scca event, but we abide by the rules. I figured this would be as good of a place as any to really push my car to see if I can notice a difference. All I have to say is WOW. these things are awesome. I could definately feel that these have increased the stiffness of the front end of my car. It feels similar to when I installed a gsr sway bar on my cx hatch. These definately work. What I would have liked to have done if I had all day is remove my bumper to be able to loosen some bolts to do back to back runs with these. What would have been better is to be able to have someone else loosen them and have me do "blind runs" not knowing if they are loose or tight so I could see if I could tell a difference.

Overall impression:

I am very impressed with the quality of the parts, they are top notch. The laser cutting of the parts is great. The powdercoating was nice. The best touch though is how easy Korbach has made installation. The guide holes make it so simple to install these. I would actually like to have seen how quick I could get these installed if I didnt take my time. Honestly, these are so easy to install. I like the fact that the bits were included with the framelocks, it makes it simple. What I would like to see and it seems to be the general agreement is I would like to see the price come down on these a little. If you could market these below the $150 mark, I think that would be great. Maybe change the production process a little bit? Just my opinion though. Most people do not have the foglights and will not run into the problem I had, so that is not something to really worry about. It is not something a die grinder and a file didnt take care of. My contact was Jake and I must say that he is a great guy. If their customer service is as awesome as the service I got from Jake, this company will go far. These guys are awesome.

Here is the breakdown of how to install these:

Remove front bumper
Un-bolt washer bottle from chassis
Remove washer bottle (dont have to, but I did)
Line up the frame lock w/ chassis & bumper
Bolt it to the bumper through pre existing hole
Drill pilot holes (5) through built in template tabs
Remove frame lock
Bore out pilot holes w/ larger drill bits 3/8ths and 5/8ths
Break template pieces off the frame locks
Bolt frame locks on to the chassis
Re-install washer bottle
Re-install bumper

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 steve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

nothing personal but for once i wish these product reviews didn't sound like a form letter
steve98ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2005, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Old 05-19-2005, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Old 05-19-2005, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

very nice i want some for my ej8

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 05:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

I had read about the original ones for the EK's and now that they're out for the EJ1 I might have to consider them....how much are they?

Yeah, yeah....I know I could just look them up....but I'm lazy....lol.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

fuck that is sick, dont hate, he tested this shit, took lotsa pics, mad levi

good to see some ds test stuff, i am envious
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93reddelsol

look great i wanna do this to my car
93reddelsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93reddelsol
look great i wanna do this to my car

I would highly recommend these things. I am very impressed with what they did to my car. Definately worth the cost. I could go on for days about these things, but I will just say buy them, you will like them.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Jimmy was asking about these this morning. I thought I would bump this with an update after having these on my car close to a year. they definately make a huge improvement on my car. i had some other people recently ask about these as well. i highly reccomend them.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

yes bumped for me! lol
im really considering these levi, just need to sell that damned ep3 first

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 nation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nation of kong

i was looking into buying a pair for my EJ8...but never got around to it (also never heard of them before so i was a bit skeptical) but its good to see that you liked them (i'll have to look into it again).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway
"i blew my arm off..... rotory style"
My EJ8:

nation of kong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Sweet! $99 aint too bad.. I wonder if this will make a differnce for me for drag racing, when I already have LCON traction bar..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in