pacesetter headers... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2005, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
GReddy07

Default pacesetter headers...

The headers were a great upgrade, I didnt think they would be that good because of the low cost but the higher rpms was where I can feel the power I gained. Dont let people tell you different. there not like DC but they are still a really good upgrade especially when I got the cold air intake even more of an increase!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2005, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Hey good to here that. I've had there exhaust on my 92 hb for awhile now and no problems yet, It has a good non attention getting muffler too.
boud92si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle

My Old Pace Setter Write-Up

It's still going, 11 months strong, although that stupid o2 sensor is driving me NUTS. I couldn't get a smooth takeoff with a cold engine if I had the county sheriff sitting next to me with a ticket booklet.

I'll take a pic tomorrow and show all y'all what header rust is all about.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle

This is a Pace Setter after one year. Notice the odd rust pattern and crappy o2 sensor location (it isn't in any main exhaust stream, just a pocket welded between the secondaries, and 3/4 of the sensor isn't exposed to gases anyways).

Old 05-17-2005, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
GReddy07

yea thats different style then mine. My o2 sensor is right in the middle of the 4-2 part
but my prob is everytime i tighten it it comes loose again. lol...damn thing...When i pulled my engine I slapped a new coat of high temp silver on it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2005, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I wonder if they redesigned it, cuz my version is really sucky for that o2 sensor.

Yah, keep 'er painted so it don't look like that atrocity under my car!! (I probably got a bum pipe cuz the whole thing was painted with hi-temp ceramic, and even the primaries aren't rusting. It's just that one section there.)
Old 05-26-2005, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, if you get one of these headers and the o2 bung is welded between the secondaries like mine, spend the $30 and take it to a muffler shop. Have them weld a new bung directly onto one of the secondaries to put that sensor right into the exhaust stream. Trust me, it works way better. No more dumping fuel, fouled plugs, smelly exhaust... As for the old bung, just ask for a used sensor. Mine's from a Chevy pickup. Remember, all it has to do is plug the hole!

Last edited by green_hornet_96; 05-26-2005 at 08:30 PM. Reason: its late, i'm tired, and I forgot stuff
Old 08-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

your hole car is full of rust ! .. paint it a tread it with antirust thing (like olie stuff..)

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2005, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus zore
your hole car is full of rust ! .. paint it a tread it with antirust thing (like olie stuff..)
That's what happens when you live on a dirt road. At least the rust (not on the header) hasn't spread in the last 3 years or so.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

Pacesetter has been sorta hit-or-miss for a while now. It seems the make batches of good stuff, and batches of bad stuff. I've seen some of their headers last forever, while some of them literally fall apart at the welds in a matter of weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2005, 11:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Black Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enoughBlack Mountain will become famous soon enough

I have had mine for 1 year now..................

No rust yet.................<-----------(San Diego )

Definittly no cracks at any of the welds............

My o2 sensor was exactlly where it should be........

Onlything that didn't line up was a suport bracket that on the down pipe.......Never hooked it up..........

Never had a problem because of it......

Its not pretty.....and I had to do some porting on the inlet flanges.....But in my book I have no complants for the 150 spent..........

It lasted longer than $450 of tires..... (under normal wear)
Black Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in