G-Tech Pro - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
toostock

Default G-Tech Pro

Anybody use a G-tech pro performance meter in their car or know of any feedback regarding them? Im hoping to pick one up in a few weeks, just wondering if its worth the money spent.

Thanks, BRIAN
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
decev

I've been thinkin about one myself. Here's a link where some peeps were talkin' a little about it recently.
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...ghlight=g-tech
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

After reading and posting on this thread I'm really interested in the G-tech unit. Last night I did some research. The majority of people that have used it say's the 1/4 time's are accurate and constent. It has to be calibrated properly and you have to test on a flat smooth road. So, I was thinking. The HP #'s that it gives you is the maximum HP. So you won't be able to see if x mod increased low end, midrange or top end. You can definitivly increase HP tuning on a dyno (ignition timing, cam timing, vtec point, rev limit, etc.), but unless your trying to squeeze every amount of HP out of your setup the Butt-dyno is the only thing that really matters. I mean who care if you can't feel the power increse from x mod.

Conclusion: It's good for 1/4 time's and to get an estimate of how much max hp x mod increased.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

and what about the revs meter? I'm looking for one of this because my car don't have tachometer.

If i buy I will write her to help you.
sie7e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to vxcoastie

I had one of those before, I regret getting rid of it!! Friggin' awesome tachometer and shift light! Regards to shift light, I believe 500 RPM before your set shift point one LED turns on then 250 RPM before shift point there will be two LED's. At shift point, all four of the LED's will rapidly flash. Tachometer is really accurate but requires a tachometer for calibration. It needs it because you need to rev to 2500 then set it, then rev to 4000 then set it. Basically you are setting the reference. If you don't have a tach, you can put it in another civic w/same engine and tachometer and set it from that. Then of course, up, down, left, and right. Overall I give this gtech pro an 8 of 10. I never really relied on the tests since I don't really think it is accurate. At the time I was using it, I had a 1995 toyota tercel (stock) and when I did a quarter mile test, I spun my tire did the run and when I reviewed my run, it made 200 ish HP (WTF?) Stock HP from factory is 105 at crank. Anyway's, would I buy it again? Hell yeah!!! Buy it and let us all know how it turns out for ya!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-series for life!!
vxcoastie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in