BWR - rear camber arms (poly) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 EGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Exclamation BWR - rear camber arms (poly)

Black works racing makes some pretty good s***, but I must say these camber arms have left a funny taste in my mouth after using them.

Install is a piece of cake as most rear camber arms are. Two bolts to the chassis, one to the rear trailing arm, job done.

The point where things get interesting is when you dial in the rear camber. For reference, this was for a track setting, not for stance.....yo. I decided -1.5 to -2 degrees would be adequate for AutoX days ( for now) and I went ahead to adjust them. However......

Adjusting only takes you to about -1 degree and then the adjusting arm becomes maxed out, which is a problem. Here's the catch.... there are small hash marks laser cut into the adjusting arm. Hmmm, what would those be for you might ask?

I looked at the other side, same thing. Then I noticed that the BWR logo is offset on the adjusting arm itself. THE LASER HASH MARKS ARE "CUT HERE STUPID" MARKS!?!?!

You literally have to CUT the adjusting arm to size, so you can properly dial in your camber degrees when you go beyond -1 degree of camber.

All in all, a simple procedure, but I'm posting this so people know what they are getting into before they get stuck. I believe the normal "rubber filled" rear camber arms BWR sells at a lower price does not have this problem, but if anyone has them and wants to compare, PLEASE post them up!

Quality product still. A little hassle. Working just fine, tight as a drum. -1.75 degrees of camber in the end. I'd give them an A-
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Thanks for sharing, but do you have any pics? I've been using the rubber filled and the only issue I've come across is the jamb nuts would back off until I put loctite on the threads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 civicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Pics would help. But if it is the way you're describing, that sounds pretty ridiculous. I for one do not expect to buy an aftermarket part only to further modify said aftermarket part. Defeats the initial purpose of it. ESP something as simply designed as an adjustable rear upper arm..

FWIW, I was able to get an easy -2.5* of rear camber out of my Ingalls rear upper arms. Still have room to go for more if I wanted to..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Karcepts RaceDayVinyl SSC Tint & Graphics
4x A.I. ST Champion
5x WDCR ST Champion
2x CDC Small Bore Series Champion
1x CDC Index Champion
2x NCCBMW X4 Champion
civicexracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Seems a little weird that that is all you would get out of it with out further modifying the product.
00 LX Seadn D16y8 : CURRENT
Still have full OBD2 B20 Swap collecting Dust
B20Bp8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 Kevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to all

Something might be up with your suspension bud. I have the BWR poly uppers and without any modifications I was able to dial in 2.5* on both sides and still have some adjustment left, not much, but definetely some more I can go
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Shitty company!.......

Read around they done some grimy shit, not a company to support!

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

*sighs*

Will I do not and will not support BWR, there is nothing wrong with a design like that. At all. In fact, I'd prefer that to "standard" things because most cars are NOT factory fresh. Things move, more than you would suspect. Being able to trim some material and get a proper fit is not a bad idea.

I still find this whole thing retarded as there is nothing wrong with washers and extended bolts. heh.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 civicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
*sighs*

Will I do not and will not support BWR, there is nothing wrong with a design like that. At all. In fact, I'd prefer that to "standard" things because most cars are NOT factory fresh. Things move, more than you would suspect. Being able to trim some material and get a proper fit is not a bad idea.

I still find this whole thing retarded as there is nothing wrong with washers and extended bolts. heh.
The way the OP is describing the part, it sounds like to get any more negative camber, you will need to cut the control arm.. Which is just stupid. That's not proper fitment..

The whole washers/extended bolts is only for reducing negative camber while using the stock upper arm. Which if you want better performance and tuning, you will want something adjustable and that will be able to give you a high amount of negative camber. So the stock arm and washers will not do the trick...

This is the best picture I could find that might be related to what the OP is talking about. I'm assuming the etched lines in the arm are what he is describing as the cutting points.

Just for comparison, a pic of my Ingalls rear arms

4x A.I. ST Champion
5x WDCR ST Champion
1x CDC Index Champion
2x NCCBMW X4 Champion
Old 08-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 EGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Haha, I should pay more attention, lots of feedback... good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Thanks for sharing, but do you have any pics? I've been using the rubber filled and the only issue I've come across is the jamb nuts would back off until I put loctite on the threads.
I forgot to take pics b/c I was so done with this product. It was like 1am before I figured it all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
Pics would help. But if it is the way you're describing, that sounds pretty ridiculous. I for one do not expect to buy an aftermarket part only to further modify said aftermarket part. Defeats the initial purpose of it. ESP something as simply designed as an adjustable rear upper arm..

FWIW, I was able to get an easy -2.5* of rear camber out of my Ingalls rear upper arms. Still have room to go for more if I wanted to..
You're absolutely right, it is ridiculous. I'd buy buddy club if I could do it over again. spendy, but I've never had a single issue with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Something might be up with your suspension bud. I have the BWR poly uppers and without any modifications I was able to dial in 2.5* on both sides and still have some adjustment left, not much, but definetely some more I can go
Nope, I thought the same thing, so I checked and measured.... same on both sides. Everything lines up, nothing bent, frame is straight. Yeah, that's what I thought was so weird is that there is NO room for adjustment before I cut off that extra bit of metal on the adjustable arm.

Still surprised by the whole thing. Maybe I got a bad batch? Who knows.... I'll be monitoring it more-so now after track days. Hell, even after a session when I'm checking brakes out, I'll look at them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
*sighs*

Retarded indeed....lesson learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
The way the OP is describing the part, it sounds like to get any more negative camber, you will need to cut the control arm.. Which is just stupid. That's not proper fitment..

The whole washers/extended bolts is only for reducing negative camber while using the stock upper arm. Which if you want better performance and tuning, you will want something adjustable and that will be able to give you a high amount of negative camber. So the stock arm and washers will not do the trick...

This is the best picture I could find that might be related to what the OP is talking about. I'm assuming the etched lines in the arm are what he is describing as the cutting points.

Just for comparison, a pic of my Ingalls rear arms
You've got your arms mixed up there bud, haha. This is for the rear upper camber arm, not control arm. And yes, you are correct your ingalls arm is very similar to the BWR camber arm. Think of a longer hex nut (the adjustable part of the camber arm) and think of one side has etchings...only one side. That's what you cut off.

I'll try to get some pics for everyone, feeling dumb discussing this w/out photos is annoying for you guys I'm sure.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGDriver93 View Post

You've got your arms mixed up there bud, haha. This is for the rear upper camber arm, not control arm. And yes, you are correct your ingalls arm is very similar to the BWR camber arm. Think of a longer hex nut (the adjustable part of the camber arm) and think of one side has etchings...only one side. That's what you cut off.

I'll try to get some pics for everyone, feeling dumb discussing this w/out photos is annoying for you guys I'm sure.
Rear upper arm IS the upper control arm but everyone calls it a camber arm. Which since the stock front and rear upper control arms are not adjustable, they are not called camber arms.. Hence why the lower control arm is called "lower".

All the rear upper control arms are badically the same. The biggest differences are just the type of bushings used and how much adjustment you can get, or how much of the arm is threaded for adjustment.. Either way, I still wouldn't buy anything BWR, even a simple arm like this, which if what you're saying is correct, they can't even get that right..

4x A.I. ST Champion
5x WDCR ST Champion
1x CDC Index Champion
2x NCCBMW X4 Champion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in