Google Wallet - Send and Receive Money! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ D-series Knowledge Factory Ľ Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA
Default Google Wallet - Send and Receive Money!

I've been using Google Wallet since it came out but there hasn't been many options on where to use it. Recently it has been catching on with online retailers which is great because I have always hated PayPal but it was the only easy option available, till now!

Google Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Wallet
Send money to your friends and family within Gmail using Google Wallet. Itís free to send money from your Google Wallet Balance or directly from your bank account. You can also pay with your credit and debit cards for a low fee of 2.9% per transaction (minimum $0.30). Receiving money is always free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Does it have seller and buyer protection like paypal?
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

im all for anything other than paypal

Old 08-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Fuck pay pal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
Does it have seller and buyer protection like paypal?
Not exactly like PayPal, as PayPal is setup to protect PayPal profits not really to protect buyers and sellers. All the standard protection measures offered by credit card companies are carried over. I read into it some and Google does provide a mediation service like PayPal does.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
Fuck pay pal

paypal sucks and so does fleabay
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....mitsuman is almost there....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I've heard of it. Haven't used it. Will look into it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

|
mitsuman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Careful, because it's not protected like other pay forms. Any hacker with enough skill can take your info as you activate google wallet, on your phone as your using it....say in line at mickey d's or any other place that has those swipe pads. My nexus 4 has NFC (????) tech and I've used it a few times. Very helpful if your card is eff'd. I use it at mickey d's and the gas station to be quick. But like I said, a dude with a hacker app that grab data as he walks by can snatch your shit without reaching his hand in your pocket.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Absolutely hate Ebay, and paypal.

Always been a fan of Amazon. Their customer service is simply amazing.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

ive never had an issue with paypal or ebay. but I definitely try not to buy much stuff using either one of them. I would be open to new methods of payment though.

bigpun1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!

Their fees are what pisses me of most

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....

Last edited by kingyeddi; 08-15-2013 at 09:23 AM.
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!

id say the less companys that have access to my bank account the better.

i have no issues with paypal. they have been very helpful when a payment goes wrong or something.

google like to track what you do anyway.(dont get me wrong i LOVE google) i just dont think i like them tracking every part of my life.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Careful, because it's not protected like other pay forms. Any hacker with enough skill can take your info as you activate google wallet, on your phone as your using it....say in line at mickey d's or any other place that has those swipe pads. My nexus 4 has NFC (????) tech and I've used it a few times. Very helpful if your card is eff'd. I use it at mickey d's and the gas station to be quick. But like I said, a dude with a hacker app that grab data as he walks by can snatch your shit without reaching his hand in your pocket.
The way Wallet works prevents this, yes NFC can be hacked but the Wallet app is a little harder to do then just some hacker app. Every time the Wallet app is used via NFC it makes a virtual handshake, so only one transaction can take place at one time. Every transaction will show up on your phone. You can remotely lock the Wallet if you lose your phone also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
Their fees is what poses me of most

They charge the SENDER 2.9%(minimum .30) so up to $10 it is $0.30, and they only charge this when you use a credit/debit card to send money via Gmail or Google Wallet. If you are using Wallet to buy something from a retailer it is free.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Never had issues with paypal. The fees do suck though.
dcmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

The only issue I had with paypal was when they asked me fore my SSN. I told them to get bent. They told me that it was OK after a while. heh.

I use Paypal and eBay a lot, though Amazon has been my primary go to for shopping for quite some time, and they are even giving Rockauto a hard time.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

I've been looking for an alternative to Pay Pal. I have never been a huge fan, I don't even keep money in my account anymore. I use a credit card through them when I make a purchase that requires I use Pay Pal.
00 LX Seadn D16y8 : CURRENT
Still have full OBD2 B20 Swap collecting Dust
B20Bp8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
id say the less companys that have access to my bank account the better.

i have no issues with paypal. they have been very helpful when a payment goes wrong or something.

google like to track what you do anyway.(dont get me wrong i LOVE google) i just dont think i like them tracking every part of my life.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
4 doors of fury!!!!

Rep Power: 20 dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!
dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dfanatic

Ive had many issues with them over the years BUT I buy and sell a lot on there. Thousands of items over the years.

Either way its good for everyone. If paypal has competition it will force them to add new products and services for its users in order to compete.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Every company tracks you these days, yes Google loves to do it more then others but you can opt out of a lot of it.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in