CF Hood - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mark7901
Default CF Hood

Why the hell is this sooooo cheap? I mean, CF is CF right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

now thats a good question....probably has more waves than the ocean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tuner Type 1 is learning the way of the DTuner Type 1 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation

It's probably a grade B hood... ie. they have defects in the clear, carbon fiber,etc. they are all over e-bay....
Tuner Type 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

cheap quality and shipping with eat your ass
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 05:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

cheap carbon hoods suck, they dont fit right-sometimes you HAVE to use hood pins!, the edges arent rolled, no factory latch, usually just a fiberglass hood with a single carbon overlay. no uv protection in the clear coat which means it will fade or spot. You can usually tell a good carbon hood because even the underside of the hood is carbon, the lower grades are just black fiber glass.

Although I will say this contrary to popular belief, carbon hoods (even the better hodds like VIS, Fiber Images) do dent in a hail storm!!
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 06:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

the main reason it's cheap is because of the shipping.....that and it's a cheap piece...probably has no bracing underneath

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 08:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

ha, look that guy has no items currently for sale... questionable

Caveman Racing Powder Coating - I can coat any part in any color you want. PM for more info.
driveahonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I got a VIS oem style hood on ebay for about 300 bucks, and it does have a few flaws in it but I love it....... not bad, hail prolly would make the hood dent, but it would have to be some big hail, carbon is pretty strong stuff.....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via Yahoo to D15VtecLessCr-x Send a message via Skype™ to D15VtecLessCr-x

I hope my CF hood doesnt have "defects". I would be pissed if that wwere the case.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AITit looks to have carbon on both sides and no hood latch....
D15VtecLessCr-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mark7901

Rolled Edges
Show Room Finish
Hand Crafted
Grade A Carbon Fiber
Single Piece Sketelon
Guaranteed to Fit Just Like Your Stock Hood
Easy To Install
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646

hmmmm...I still dont trust these. Its a shame too, I would love a cf hood.
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via Yahoo to D15VtecLessCr-x Send a message via Skype™ to D15VtecLessCr-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark7901
Rolled Edges
Show Room Finish
Hand Crafted
Grade A Carbon Fiber
Single Piece Sketelon
Guaranteed to Fit Just Like Your Stock Hood
Easy To Install
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646

hmmmm...I still dont trust these. Its a shame too, I would love a cf hood.
it just better to pay that money...
D15VtecLessCr-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

i ahve a cheap one.. has 1 fault in it.. fits good and looks good..
main reason for it LESS weight and my old one was rusty and dent

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

i would love one too........better to buy off of here prolly or someone you know.....
SloWD16CiViC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2005, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I just got a zc-crx cf hood for $100 off some local kid.
It's got some minor scratches on it (but my car ain't pretty anyway) and it's one of those fiberglass with CF overlay... It does however have the rolled edges and the latch mount seems durable...
But it looks really good regardless and it's light as hell! Probably shed about 20 pounds off my car.

cheap ebay stuff is just that... cheap. that hood is probably a major POS.
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomaticjack
the main reason it's cheap is because of the shipping

ebay at it's finest.lol
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in