Megan header - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2
Thumbs up Megan header

ok its time to let you guys know what i think !
first off , i have a 89 civic EDM twin carb set up !
and my old C/I header was one of the very old 4/1 type , very hevy and not very good at all , ok so i got the header sent from the usa , it worked out a lot cheeper than getting one in the uk ,
what i got in the box was the 2 pice s/s header and 3 gaskets nad the blot to join the 2 bits together ! and a one year garanty , i had a good look at all the welds , and was very inpressed the flanges are nice and thick and very well finnished , i had to block off the 2 o2 cencer holes , as i do not need them , but thay were very nicely welded in place ,
i fitted it in aporx 1 hour with no problems , i had to use a donut ring from my D15B , as i did not have one the right size ,
at first i had it all bolted up to my ome pipe work , and it gave the car a lot more pull at all revs , on cars made for the UK befor 90 thay did not come fitted with a cat , so i dont know what the fitmet would be like , but it bolted up 100% for me ,
after about 3 week i got my new pipe work and back box , now the car pulls like crazy , and i have had a very large + in power ,
so for the money i payed i am very happy.
I hope this helps someone get the idear of what the megan header is like,
for the money i think it is a very nicely made bit of kit !!!!!!
like i said my twin carb set up loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks

Last edited by cryz2; 03-30-2005 at 02:51 AM.
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2005, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

cool cool... i still need to get mine on at somepoint.

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'm used to have a Megan Header when I first started modding my Y8 and was pretty impressed with the type of quality it actually gave me....big difference in power didn't see much of a difference when I dumped it for a greddy but my friend has it on his CRX Si and still that header has not cracked around the welds nor any problem and that header has been around in use for more than a year and a half so it has outlasted its warranty period!!
jdm_sir2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

megan racing has to be 1 of the best CHEAP headers on the market
kulo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

My only gripe is that they're advertised as stainless steel but the header I got is ferrous (magnet sticks to it) and has begun to oxidize. I'm thinking about taking it off, cleaning it, and hitting it w/ some hi-temp paint.

: Banned In D.C.
ziptiespec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

i had a full megan exhaust on my old Ej1 4-2-1 header, hi-flow cat and the cat back exhaust. i really like the way it sound.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Give it a couple of months it will look like this. A piece of shit.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 88_rex_si is learning the way of the D88_rex_si is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhatch View Post
Give it a couple of months it will look like this. A piece of shit.

...ohh noo , what happen to that . rust like crazy ! , i went with the "spoon sports header " off ebay , paid about $160 for it, think it might have been a generic w/ spoon badge welded on , although it looks real good, no rust and its been on a good while, good luck w/ your megan header though ,ive herd alot of good reviews on their products

if i rep you , rep me back:cussing:
88_rex_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

thats odd had mine a few years now , its gone dark brown !!! but not rusty !!!
and thay love to salt the roads in the uk

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Just another copy from a 3rd world country..... ebay stainless IMO is better for the money.. $48 including shipping
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCinWA View Post
Just another copy from a 3rd world country..... ebay stainless IMO is better for the money.. $48 including shipping
well considering you are paying the extra $100 for them to weld the Megan badge on the EXACT SAME header, id have to agree with you

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

some stainless is magnetic