Meguiars PlastX Restorer - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy
Exclamation Meguiars PlastX Restorer

So... A couple weeks ago, while at Wal-Mart, picking up various car-care products for the summer months, I came across this:

For just $5.67

Now, I have used different kits on different cars over the years from the buffers to the sander/buffer combos but never a kit was just apply & wipe away. Meguiars is a well-known name amongst the auto industry so I gave it a shot figuring that $6 was a fair price and if all else fails, just buy the new black housing headlights I want for the Civic, anyways... But while I still have the OEM dealies on the car, I could try this stuff.

Well, Meguiars lived up to their high quality standards and pleased me with the results because after 1 of the 4 coatings that I put on (I couldve been done after just 1 coating but I'm an over-achiever and I wanted more, plus it was my day off, so I was enjoying just playing with the car) just on headlight, I was happy. By coating #2 I was super-psyched! and by the 4th coating, I was looking at myself as if I were in a mirror.

Here are the pictures of said work. The pictures were taken after coating #2.

BEFORE:

AFTER

BEFORE (Lights on):

AFTER (Lights on):

Again, this was just after 2 coatings.

Needless to say, I was please with a $6 purchase that has lasted for 3wks+ considering that some of those home polishing kits will last for about a week...

OVERALL:
~Easy to use
~Easy to follow directions (for you dummies)
~Takes very little time
~Results are astounding

Meguiars! You didnt disappoint

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Nice
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Ive used this as well.... stuff works pretty good and smells good lol if that matters
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

The only way to "fix" a light like that is to buy a new one.... Otherwise your smearing some petroleum based product on your light.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
The only way to "fix" a light like that is to buy a new one.... Otherwise your smearing some petroleum based product on your light.
That's an interesting viewpoint. I have had pretty good success with lightly wet sanding plastic lenses and polishing them out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I have used Plasti-X with a wool buffing pad, at 2000rpm, after a wet sanding, from even as heavy as 1000 grit, to 1500, to 2000, then polish, it looks 100% brand new.

Shit is crazy. Wish I had pics. Did it hundreds of times at my old job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
you're smearing some petroleum based product on your light.
Well, this petroleum (Which, oddly enough, does smell kinda good) works quite well.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Use it all the time for stuff. Did my cluster and it was damn clear.
Also used it on an old iPod screen.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Definitely a good product. Don't buy those "headlight restoration" kits. They're basically using something just like Plastx but includes all the sanders/rags/etc for a huge upcharge.
NARFALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
I have used Plasti-X with a wool buffing pad, at 2000rpm, after a wet sanding, from even as heavy as 1000 grit, to 1500, to 2000, then polish, it looks 100% brand new.

Shit is crazy. Wish I had pics. Did it hundreds of times at my old job.
I can believe with sanding it could be achieved. Because your removing the damaged layers of plastic. But just to buff on wipe off, no way.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
That's an interesting viewpoint. I have had pretty good success with lightly wet sanding plastic lenses and polishing them out.
^
jdm6243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gus
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Gus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
This
Old 06-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Definitely a good product. Don't buy those "headlight restoration" kits. They're basically using something just like Plastx but includes all the sanders/rags/etc for a huge upcharge.
My local parts store has one for just under $10. Thats for the Plastx equivalent and all the needed pads. Im sure its a very small amount of Plastx, prolly just enough for both lights 1 time, but it is a rather small up front cost rather than paying $6 for the Plastx, then buying a pack of each grit pads. You definitly get more bang for your buck buying in bulk, but its not a "huge upcharge", more of a slight "convenience charge." haha
sleepingrex1129 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 vTaKz y0! is starting to learn the ropesvTaKz y0! is starting to learn the ropesvTaKz y0! is starting to learn the ropesvTaKz y0! is starting to learn the ropesvTaKz y0! is starting to learn the ropesvTaKz y0! is starting to learn the ropes

Awesome. Good to know!

You're only as smart as you were yesterday, but not as smart as you will be tomorrow.
vTaKz y0! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Used this on my buddies CRV when he got it. Only did one coat I think it lasted awhile to. Lights still look better than we he got it two years ago.
00 LX Seadn D16y8 : CURRENT
Still have full OBD2 B20 Swap collecting Dust
B20Bp8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in