REVIEW! Greddy EVO2 exhaust...with video clip!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 vg7z is learning the way of the Dvg7z is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default REVIEW! Greddy EVO2 exhaust...with video clip!!

Just bought a nice greddy evo2 used muffler for 100 bucks

slapped it on a 1994 civic ex

Daily driving - Its VERY quiet, windows up u can barely hear it, i hear my intake more than exhaust! On the freeway cruising its VERY quiet, can barely hear it all

Racing - the tone is very unique and distinct, although it still goes BWAHHHH most hondas+VTEC make that noise anyway, and its more of a roar than a lawnmower

hear it for yourself

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

Last edited by vg7z; 03-26-2005 at 09:52 PM.
vg7z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
cf-hb

Sounds good but don't know if i would have payed $100 for a USED muffler
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2005, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeah but a brand new greddy evo2 catback for a civic is around 400! 120 was for the muffler axleback, resonator section, all i had to do was pay a muffler shop 60 to get the rest custom made...so a full nice soundin catback for 180..cant beat that price!

Old 03-27-2005, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Misfit will become famous soon enoughMisfit will become famous soon enoughMisfit will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Misfit

kick ass review VG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Nice Vid, now thats a review..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Im sorry but the sound of that exhaust is not to my liking. It sounds fairly high pitched like some of those cheap ebay exhaust. And it doesnt seem quiet at all.
00civicsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

^^ have you ever heard the GReddy Evo2 exhaust before?

that one sounds just like every other Evo2 system ive heard ...

I love the way that exhaust sounds good shit Vg
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

u jus bolted it on to the stock piping?
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

high pitched...sorry man but ANYTHING under 2.2L will sound high pitched and BWAHHHHHH...thats just VTEC man ive seen fixed up 70' beetles at the tracks and they go BWAHHH just like any honda would

no its not stock piping...its hi flo cat - 2.5" mandrel - apexi resonator
Old 04-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mark7901

um.....
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg7z
high pitched...sorry man but ANYTHING under 2.2L will sound high pitched and BWAHHHHHH...thats just VTEC man ive seen fixed up 70' beetles at the tracks and they go BWAHHH just like any honda would

no its not stock piping...its hi flo cat - 2.5" mandrel - apexi resonator

Well compared to my magnaflow cat-back it is high pitched...
00civicsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2005, 08:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 s_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s_18

I don't think my EVO2 is one bit quiet, but I love the sound.
Now, when my D16 comes in place the sound will get even better, I'm sure.
The quality of my EVO2 cat-back system is tremendous. Fitment was like oem.
All thumbs up.

s_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Back to the D

Rep Power: 17 Prakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow upPrakash is about to blow up
Send a message via AIM to Prakash Send a message via MSN to Prakash

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettagtz117
Nice Vid, now thats a review..
Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Garage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

evo2 being quiet? odd, I use to have a evo1 and damn, that one was loud and deep ass hell. when i rev in my garage, it'll vibrate the whole house. it was a b7 engine with stock headers, obx cat-back. I guess I'll have to watch the vid myself...hehe, too lazy to load it...I bought my evo1 for $80 bucks..not bad of a deal.
Garage_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Garage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I just watched the vids. it sounds kinda high to me, my evo1 was really deep. well, if you like it, its you. as long as its not raspy all the way..hehe, I probably put my maxspeed back on, it sounds soo nice and deep like a tanabe. (i have a r1 on now)
Garage_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Synth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Well it sounds like a honda!! not bad, I have the SP2 exhaust, I'm loving it..has a nice grumble to it....I can't wait to hear it with the header on it. I'd say the EVO2 is less deep sounding than the SP2, but there still are several factors that play into it. Over all, I like it, doesn't sound like crap, good job!!
Synth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2005, 09:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 Junonuting is learning the way of the DJunonuting is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to Junonuting Send a message via Yahoo to Junonuting

Sounds frickin SWEET!! Where Iam from they poke holes in there muffler with a screwdriver, lol.

Junonuting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2005, 09:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

Meh, I prefer my intake to be louder than my exhaust.

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Not bad for a 100 bucks. Sounds pretty good. Theres no ricey sound at all has a nice deepthroat to it.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2005, 05:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
TurboHonda99

sounds good to me
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in