Darkstar Subframe Brace - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Darkstar Subframe Brace

OK now I've been debating on a sub frame brace for a while now and always happened to keep ASR in mind (especially The Hyper yellow version) as well as BWR. On my quest of colors and Deals I could fine, I had come across this Dark-star Sub frame brace. The way the design of it was looked pretty well done and clean but I could not find any reviews on it. I've searched Everywhere but nothing. So I left the idea but not completely only cause of the powder coated white they had. (something that kept my attention). on the way to Honda day though I had seen a girl with a black and silver DC2 with this brace on it, giving me hope of finding a online forum member talking about it, After looking up reviews I seen Threads of some talking about it but never anyone actually having it. but asking if anyone had got it to update on how it was. oddly enough I decided to order the brace and be the "Test".
When I went to order it I had order polished instead of the powder coated white (had Both Screens open) but I emailed the seller and he had no problem switching the order but unfortunately The white was out of stock, so I stuck with the Polished. The seller Shipped the same day and I was provided with the tracking. A week later and here it is.

I was very surprised on how well done this was made...edges are smooth and clean, seems to be of quality aluminium, no flex....pretty thick and etc. this brace is similar to The BWR one but without the triangles going across the whole thing, something I like very much Engraved With A DS* logo and Made In The USA...the only thing I didn't like was A.) it was not in a box 2.)no sticker lol but in all honesty so far I think if it came in its own box it would've been better but hey beggars cant be choosers and etc at least it was wrapped and in its own bag and the same for the hardware then tapped tightly around the brace so no movement.

So far I give it this rating
Quality A+
Packaging B
Hopefully it will have no fitment issues and etc. I will hopefully be installing today for if not certainly tomorrow and have pics up of it installed so everyone can see.
jdmike13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

it looks really solid not like those fake asr braces looks like it'll do the job it was designed fgor
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

I've been seeing these around lately. They are an up and coming company like BWR was about 3 or so yrs ago. Glad they are made in the US.

I wouldn't doubt if they already have lcas, camber kits, etc.. Those are usually first to hit the market. Maybe lug nuts shaped as stars or something.

Anyways, great review. I'm sure it'll hold up just fine. They are all of similar quality.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Nice China pos copy.....fuck them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

Says made in USA. One could only hope it's true

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

as promised i installed just now and I had ZERO issues With install, Product fits greats and looks great. everything lined up well and etc. No issues at all besides lca Bolts Not lining up but other then that it was straight forward.

Im about to clean up and try to get a nice clear shot of it wheels mounted and etc.

Last edited by jdmike13; 05-31-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: edit photo
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosA View Post
I've been seeing these around lately. They are an up and coming company like BWR was about 3 or so yrs ago. Glad they are made in the US.

I wouldn't doubt if they already have lcas, camber kits, etc.. Those are usually first to hit the market. Maybe lug nuts shaped as stars or something.

Anyways, great review. I'm sure it'll hold up just fine. They are all of similar quality.

unfortuantly I only saw them produce lug nuts and tow hooks with stars in the circle part (obviously show Piece) but other then that i did not see any other products made...No lCAs and etc. unless there in the process
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Your fly is down.

No Homo!!!
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Zip up your pants whent aking pics. You cant do that here. Thatd nsfw!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

awwwww shit my bad......lemme fix that lol jesus good lookin out there people
Old 05-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
Zip up your pants whent aking pics. You cant do that here. Thatd nsfw!
been adjusted....wasnt paying attention sir, My bad.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Hahaaha. We got you. Brace looks dops. Makes me want one. Hmmmm.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
Hahaaha. We got you. Brace looks dops. Makes me want one. Hmmmm.
I think its hella fresh....same price as BWR on jhp....well I had to "offer" the same price but still...I decided to risk it, Very glad I decided to try it...next is sway bay and id like to get a beaks bar. But its a good alternate to the BWR if you don't like the triangles straight accross.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect

are thoes the blox drag coilovers if so how u like them ?

my 1320 buid
1320EG6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320EG6 View Post
are thoes the blox drag coilovers if so how u like them ?
There actually Omni but I have driven on blox and that's my next purchase is the competition series they are decent coil overs if you get the basics but I actually like the competition series. There real nice.ou
Old 05-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

i hope u know blox/omni had same mfg... conclusion???
and subframe brace looks like any other shiny aluminium copied suspension part out there? whats so different/special about this one??? price difference well okay. id rather give my money to someone who does R&D and innovators/originators .

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.

Last edited by owneyboy; 05-31-2013 at 03:14 PM.
owneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 civicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmike13 View Post
There actually Omni but I have driven on blox and that's my next purchase is the competition series they are decent coil overs if you get the basics but I actually like the competition series. There real nice.ou
You'll be wasting some money buying Blox coilovers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by owneyboy View Post
i hope u know blox/omni had same mfg... conclusion???
and subframe brace looks like any other shiny aluminium copied suspension part out there? whats so different/special about this one??? price difference well okay. id rather give my money to someone who does R&D and innovators/originators .
There's nothing really complicated with a subframe brace. The main part that prevents tear out is essentially exactly what Beaks sells. That's it. Pretty simple for someone with a mechanical background to design, produce and sell...

Karcepts RaceDayVinyl SSC Tint & Graphics
4x A.I. ST Champion
5x WDCR ST Champion
2x CDC Small Bore Series Champion
1x CDC Index Champion
2x NCCBMW X4 Champion
civicexracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Ugh.

Have you guys seen the shock dyno plots of those POSs? Horrendous doesn't even come close. =(

Bone is saying that you have a quality copy of a Chinese copy of the Original (ASR). That is just . . . dumb.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The ASR is only 200$! Why the hell would u buy a cheap copy of something that's already dirty cheap?

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

I'm very aware of asr being only 40 dollars more... and I agree with the r+d, originators and etc. I stated in the beginning that's the only reason I bought this was to do a review on whether it was a cheap copy or whatever and that my first choice was in fact ASRs hyperyellow brace. I'm not saying that this is by far the best and you can say that I wasted $140...I see it as $140 spent just to see what it was about....this is all I was trying to accomplish. Is this not the goal of a review? I will post further on how sway bar mounting is and etc...and I might get the skunk2 phi fifty bar to see how compatible the bar is with an aftermarket brace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in