Shaved Stock Flywheel and ACT Clutch - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
I save lives

Rep Power: 17 NeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NeveruN
Thumbs up Shaved Stock Flywheel and ACT Clutch

These are awesome!!!! (shaved stock flywheel, about 1.5 cm's shaved off, and ACT stage 2 clutch w/ pressure plate)

Its the most power I have felt out of everything I added to my car, shit pulls like crazy.

i HIGHLY recomend getting these 2, they are doing wounders for me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NeveruN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
decev

Just sent the flywheel to a shop for machining or what?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
I save lives

Rep Power: 17 NeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NeveruN

some guy at a shop sells shaved flywheels for b-series and d-series engines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NeveruN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Darrel

Do you know what the stock flywheel weighs ?

And how much weight it took off of the flywheel ?

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2005, 07:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel
Do you know what the stock flywheel weighs ?

And how much weight it took off of the flywheel ?

Thanks.
The only problem with a shaved stock flywheel is if it is not cut properly you can mess up your motor! Just to be on the safe side I would go with a lightend flywheel from a company that makes them, not cuts them.

Oh an the stock flywheel weighs approx 14-15lbs stock.

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2005, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i know the ex, y8 flywheel is about 17.5 lbs. i just weighed the one in my garage. i dont know if the dx/lx ones are different, but my cx flywheel was several lbs lighter, i think ~12 before i had it lightened. i didnt have a scale back when i installed it, so i dont know just how much was removed. but it was a noticable difference. and it has held up fine for almost 8 months now. it was done by the best machine shop in town, they made sure it was balanced and that the contact surface was intact. only cost $40 too. lightened fws work fine, but if you are making, or plan to make serious hp get an aftermarket fw.
racerpat94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in