Wheelskins - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Thumbs up Wheelskins

When I first got my CRX (second owner) I was a little put off by the old worn steering wheel, especially coming from my previous car with a wonderful leather sports wheel (02 civic si). I really wanted to stick with the OEM look until I could find a great deal on a light-weight premium wheel for autocrossing, so I invested $35 into a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover.

I've had lots of compliments on it, and I enjoy the extra thickness and grip for autocrossing. I'd say this is possibly the best you can do for a steering wheel cover without breaking the bank:

These things are readily available online from a number of competetive vendors, and you will need to put aside a couple of hours to hand-stitch it on (much easier on a non-airbag car, since the wheel comes right off). They come in a big variety of colors, and are guaranteed: http://www.wheelskins.com/
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

looks good man, nice and simple.
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I've been thinking about one of those too. The old crx steering wheels get all crumbly

Is that the charcoal or black leather skin?

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all

That is black leather. The charcoal was a little lighter.

I was actually considering opening up an ebay accessories store as a business for my wife to run, and I got thier vendor package with all the samples. Very nice stuff...

I wanted to drop-ship Wheelskins, Razo, Momo and some other nice accessories, but my wife found a different job, then quit it, then got hooked on World of Warcraft hehe! Oh well, I guess I was just trying to get some good deals on stuff for myself anyways.

Last edited by fireant; 03-22-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatness

we want more pics of the car... thats all there is to it
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I'll start scouting for a good location for the next shoot.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

I have a leather wrapped wheel from my teg (before I got he all-leather SE version ) that you guys could take off my hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2005, 07:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooSchnickens
I have a leather wrapped wheel from my teg (before I got he all-leather SE version ) that you guys could take off my hands.
Pics?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 Lule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Good review. I've been curious about the quailty and feel. Too bad they don't offer a matching cover for the knob.
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2005, 03:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lule
Good review. I've been curious about the quailty and feel. Too bad they don't offer a matching cover for the knob.
you could always buy some scrap black leather and make one for the knob if you are in any way inclined in stiching/fabiric manipulation

that steering wheel looks really nice man!!! id do that same thing if the stock steering wheel wasnt sooo big, it makes me feel like im driving a schoolbus, i gotta have smaller!!!
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2005, 07:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWrath*
you could always buy some scrap black leather and make one for the knob if you are in any way inclined in stiching/fabiric manipulation

that steering wheel looks really nice man!!! id do that same thing if the stock steering wheel wasnt sooo big, it makes me feel like im driving a schoolbus, i gotta have smaller!!!
Yeah, the stock wheel is shockingly heavy too... its gotta go when the right deal comes along...but I'm patient.

I have a buddy who is going to give me the leather knob out of his '02 Civic Si.

I am going to try to leather-wrap my ebrake handle. I had sprayed Plasti-dip on it, but it got snagged and started to peel off.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

Quote:
Originally Posted by sts2soon
Pics?

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in