Robear Racing - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
booty7

Default Robear Racing

I ordered a Spoon Replica carbon duckbill off their website last week and when I received it today and opened the box it was a carbon Type R replica.... definately not what I ordered or was expecting... Under their return policys it says all carbon/spoilers are sold as is and cannot be returned, but WTF?? they sent me the wrong product. At any rate I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what my options are, just curious now if anyone on here has had any dealings with them?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

sucks man...

If they don't want to cooperate, let them know that your experience with their company is easily shared with THOUSANDS of hardcore honda enthusiasts. Little companies like that have to have word of mouth, there's just so many of them around.

If that doesn't work, you can also try sending them an email describing in full detail how they ripped you off. Then, make sure there's a CC (carbon copy) notice in the letter to the email address of some lawyer in there state. Just find a lawfirm that's local to them on the internet and use their contact email address. (You don't actually have to try and hire the lawyer. It's just helps to scare shady businessmen into getting there shit together, cause they surely can't afford attorneys over bullshit like that.)

anyways good luck.

-ic

Last edited by icarusdown; 03-21-2005 at 07:56 PM.
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 steve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i've always heard good things about robear and there service. don't get all worked up, if they messed up i'm sure they'll make it right
steve98ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
decev

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusdown
(You don't actually have to try and hire the lawyer. It's just helps to scare shady businessmen into getting there shit together, cause they surely can't afford attorneys over bullshit like that.)
-ic
Pure genius.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I've had two orders go through completely problem-free from RoBear (and Tornactive, back when that was their name). They were nice people on the phone and helpful too.

When you call, just be friendly, not mad, and they'll probably help you out. If they dont, well then you gave them thier chance... let loose.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2005, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

thats odd, I have heard from a lot of people that they were awesome to do business with. keep us updated, I am curious to the outcome of this. also be cool with them when you call, that is going to get you the farther with them than being a dick.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
booty7

I talked to Rob today at Robear... good guy, and had no problems at all. He told me that I was the 3rd person to call up with this same complaint... getting the wrong spoiler.... apperently his distributer packaged them wrong and have been getting sent out as duckbills. No worries tho as we talked it out and I'm shipping the Type R replica back to them and getting a duckbill when they come off back-order. So yeah for me, and I would recommend Robear to anyone asking.

thanks for the replies everyone!

Old 03-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 steve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eagle

good deal, i talked to them about a hood today, they seem to be good guys
steve98ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to mark7901

Got a crower spring and retain set through them, no problems. Glad to hear they took care of you. I was the same way when I order the ssautochrome stuff. I was really worried that I was gunna get screwed. But I had a ton of questions and they answered all my emails. It just took them a couple days since they get about 200 emails a day. I had to return the turbo (that td4o thingy) because I was worried it was the wrong one. He assured me that it was a "garrett copy" and would have no problems taking the return if when I put it on it was the wrong size. I think some people jump the gun a little and go nuts, this is why ssauto has such a bad name. Plus the 2 pics that EVERYONE posted about the broken manfold and the broken turbo. Those pics cracked me up. Like anyone would GLUE a turbo together. The one I especialy like is the dude who "re-welded" the manifold, then put the mani and turbo on (which is like 40lbs. or something) WITHOUT any bracing and it broke.....well no shit, you didnt brace it you fool, you got 40 lbs. hanging on it, and Im sure its not the strongest steel especially after you re-welded it.....oh well....
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in