Go-AutoWorks CAI - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Go-AutoWorks CAI

I want to first start off this review by say THANK YOU! To Greg from Go-AutoWorks. Their customer service was fantastic

The product came in a large box filled with packaging peanuts and each piece was individually wrapped with bubble wrap. This protected the finish of the CAI, which looks pretty sweet

This install was a two stage ordeal, the first time the piping was shipped it was setup for a 5th gen civic, while it is similar to the 6th gen, the front part of the subframe is different and it caused a small issue with fitment as shown here

Here it is to close to the subframe to add a filter (I tried numerous positions but couldn't get it far enough away from the frame to add filter)

With these pictures I emailed Greg with the information and he responded quickly and sent me a FedEX voucher to send it back to him to be corrected, he was professional and took full responsibility to make this right for me . Within a week I got the package back with a fix, put it back on the car and presto:

A bend was added to the end of the tubing, allowed for a perfect fit and the filter fits very nicely inside the area behind the bumper and in front of the wheel well. Picture of final install

Here is a before picture to give an idea:

Here is a picture of it pushed to the throttle body, the clamps that came with the kit were fabulous. Good silicone tubing and solid stainless steel clamps:

Overall - 5 out of 5 stars. The CAI is top notch quality, sounds great and the fitment is perfect. The customer service was outstanding, if all their products are this quality, I would recommend them without question, but the customer service is the best I've had in this industry for some time. Thanks again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

love my sri go-auto intake! gonna add a bpi velo-stack soon to the mix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

I was thinking about getting a SRI, but my last civic had a CAI, and I liked the added mid range torque, this is no exception. I am happy to report that it feels like it is no longer choking on lack of air in the higher revs

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer

Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Nice !

If you don't mind me asking how much did that set ya back?
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

This was roughly ~190, in the grand scheme of things a fantastic deal

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

In the past, my CAI and intercooler piping woud rattle in the hole..

SO, take a piece of vac tubing and slit down the middle and slide around the hole.
Now it wont damage intake and keep rattle noise to a minimum.

I also did this for my mishi rad thats close to rad support.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post

SO, take a piece of vac tubing and slit down the middle and slide around the hole.

^^^this^^^

I damn near rubbed a hole through my cai on my hyundai before I caught it and put a rubber seal around the hole.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

awesome looking cai, man!

and awesome customer service as well.

will definitely get one for my ED hatch when funds permit.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 12 TheAssassin is hot as a volcanoTheAssassin is hot as a volcano
TheAssassin is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Yep, I try to do business with Go-Autoworks whenever I can. I ordered a set of piston rings late last week. They came yesterday and I was able to get them in today and start up my car!

I have his Street Kit turbo system and will most likely bug him for a filter/pre-turbo piping system soon!

Good looking CAI!
My Build Thread

237 avg. hp 208 avg. tq 4750-7200rpm
Calculating Average Horsepower
TheAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Greg always treats you well! Never had anything but a perfect transaction with him. Go-auto ftw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Greg is top notch.... good review! Ive always had GREAT luck with him and his products
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post

the CAI doesn't move around all that much (maybe 1/16 an inch it either direction) and I have about 1/2 inch clearance all aroun...but this is a great idea to clean up that area a little

I will do it this weekend ...thanks for the idea

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

First and foremost, thank you for your purchase and your honest review. Most of all, thank you for how you handled the situation.

Thank you also for the info; which has led to a permanent design change.

Thanks, everyone for the positive feedback; we appreciate it.

Shop 24/7 @

Join Us on FACEBOOK

88' Civic D16 [email protected]135MPH
Thanks D-Series.ORG for all of the continued support!
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ALL OF YOUR BUILD NEEDS!
2009'-2011' Import Face-Off Title Sponsors...Keep the Sport alive, Come Race with US!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27

A buddy of mine as a full turbo kit from Greg on his EK sedan. I did 100% of the installation of the kit, and the kit fit FLAWLESSLY. If I had the extra cash, I'd grab an intake for myself. I just can't justify spending $200 on an INTAKE. lol

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ6Civic27 View Post
A buddy of mine as a full turbo kit from Greg on his EK sedan. I did 100% of the installation of the kit, and the kit fit FLAWLESSLY. If I had the extra cash, I'd grab an intake for myself. I just can't justify spending $200 on an INTAKE. lol
Its less expensive than an AEM intake, and from personal experience better quality (had one on my 2001 civic, didn't hold up very well when the welding on the intake to bracket broke)

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO-AUTOWORKS View Post
First and foremost, thank you for your purchase and your honest review. Most of all, thank you for how you handled the situation.

Thank you also for the info; which has led to a permanent design change.

Thanks, everyone for the positive feedback; we appreciate it.
You are welcome

I'm very happy that I could be of some use...if you ever need a guinea pig for 6th gen test fitting let me know

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky View Post
Its less expensive than an AEM intake, and from personal experience better quality (had one on my 2001 civic, didn't hold up very well when the welding on the intake to bracket broke)
I'd never spend money on an AEM intake anyways. I have one, but it was given to me for free. IMO, eBay intakes are better than AEM's.

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd never spend money on an AEM intake anyways. I have one, but it was given to me for free. IMO, eBay intakes are better than AEM's.

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
You are welcome

I'm very happy that I could be of some use...if you ever need a guinea pig for 6th gen test fitting let me know
Thanks for the info a fedback!

Shop 24/7 @

Join Us on FACEBOOK

88' Civic D16 [email protected]135MPH
Thanks D-Series.ORG for all of the continued support!
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ALL OF YOUR BUILD NEEDS!
2009'-2011' Import Face-Off Title Sponsors...Keep the Sport alive, Come Race with US!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 96accordsir is learning the way of the D96accordsir is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

go autoworks is the shit. period.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in