ColorFittings - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default ColorFittings

Time to get some product reviews completed

First is the ColorFittings I have purchased from RC-AutoWorks.

The initial shipment was fast and communication was well received from RC-AutoWorks. There was an early worry about scraps and scratches due to packaging, but after this was noted it appeared that the packaging was corrected. I received all hardware wrapped in bubble wrap, then packaged nice and neatly in a box filled with newspaper. This kept the hardware from being scratched, no scratched or scraps when I received them.

I unfortunately forgot to get photos of packaging and of the hardware itself prior to install, so without further delay, install pics:

There are two polls that are part of this valve cover kit that is for the two top bolts on the valve cover, here they are installed:

The next part is reinstalling the valve cover, if you are running a VTEC cylinder head it will need to pushed on with some force. The two extending post will inhibit putting valve cover on from the front, this will scratch the inside of the valve cover a little on the top of the post as you push it on. This is a minor irritation, but no matter. The looks speak for themselves:

I admit it, the engine is filthy , this has been cleaned up a bit since these pics were taken, but I haven't had time for a good photo shoot yet

Here is a shot of what they look like being used as fender bolts

This is the only thing I found wrong with these bolts, they can rust:

The fender area is one that will hold water, so be aware of this. One thing of note, if using these be sure not to put to much force on these bolts, the metal is a little soft for anything more than so-so torque being applied and can manipulate the metal while torquing down (although you shouldn't be pushing more than 10-15lbs).

I give these 4 out of 5 stars on my scale, they look good, do the job but can rust and the bolts heads are a little soft. Overall a good product for a great price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer

Last edited by custom_junky; 05-14-2013 at 12:53 PM.
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 DCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky View Post
Time to get some product reviews completed

First is the ColorFittings I have purchased from RC-AutoWorks.

The initial shipment was fast and communication was well received from RC-AutoWorks. There was an early worry about scraps and scratches due to packaging, but after this was noted it appeared that the packaging was corrected. I received all hardware wrapped in bubble wrap, then packaged nice and neatly in a box filled with newspaper. This kept the hardware from being scratched, no scratched or scraps when I received them.

I unfortunately forgot to get photos of packaging and of the hardware itself prior to install, so without further delay, install pics:

There are two polls that are part of this valve cover kit that is for the two top bolts on the valve cover, here they are installed:

I think you installed the two valve cover polls upside down, but am not 100% sure I cant seem to find my instructions, This is how I did mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 CRX D16Z6
Daily Driven Vitara making [email protected]
Tuned by Kaizenspeed
DCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRX View Post
I think you installed the two valve cover polls upside down, but am not 100% sure I cant seem to find my instructions, This is how I did mine.
..opps, should have known...good to know that they can be installed in either direction though

Thanks for pointing that out, next time i take the valve cover off I'll flip the posts around XD

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in