Password:JDM Radiator Stay Bracket - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27
Default Password:JDM Radiator Stay Bracket

I know these have been around for a while, but this is my first P:JDM product I've ever purchased/installed. Although I've never been a P:JDM fan, I've liked the looks of most of their products. Just not the price. I found this bracket on eBay, for $16.99 shipped. After checking P:JDM's website, they offer it for the same price. Since I've heard horror stories about P:JDM, I decided to order it from the eBay seller.

Once I got it in my possession, I was actually very disappointed on how thin and cheap feeling these brackets are. Although it's simply a radiator stay bracket and it doesnt need any major support or thickness, I was assuming it would be more beefier, weight wise and material wise.

The part fit perfectly (even after having to drill out the bolt that snapped off inside the radiator support...), and looks pretty decent. I opted for the pink one, becase 1)I'm always different, and 2)my girl loves pink (another reason for her to 'like' my car...it has pink parts lol).

Here's a picture of it installed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	283671_10151415197183937_408169525_n.jpg
Views:	5289
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	41281  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

But was it worth $16??

Could you not have painted the factory one hot pink?

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all

Worth $16? No, I don't think it was because of how thin and flimsy it is for a bracket. If it were more bulky and thick, then yes, it could be worth the $16 IMO.

As for painting the stock one pink...the only downside to that is that it could chip/flake off over time. If I were to get it powder coated, would it have cost less than $16? I'm not sure...I don't know the current rate of powder coating. Then I would have to find someone local, drop it off, pick it up, etc. Ordering the P:JDM one was more convenient, which is another reason the price is higher.

I'd imagine these things only cost around $8 to make, and they're selling them for $17. That's not too bad of a profit for such an item.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Id say not, 100% profit is always nice.

Im glad you commented on how flimsy these things are, I was going to ask about quality.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Don't get me wrong, it's not like a piece of paper. It doesn't bent and fold up on itself when installed. When bolted down it holds the radiator in place. It does its job. But, compared to the OEM part, it's nothing. I just personally wish they were thicker. If I wanted to bend the P:JDM bracket with my hands, I very well could with some force. If I tried that with the OEM bracket, it wouldn't happen.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Honestly I like it.... whats $16 bucks? Its nothing. It adds a nice little touch and it does fit well! nice review.....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 12 TheAssassin is hot as a volcanoTheAssassin is hot as a volcano
TheAssassin is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ6Civic27 View Post
Worth $16? No, I don't think it was because of how thin and flimsy it is for a bracket. If it were more bulky and thick, then yes, it could be worth the $16 IMO.

As for painting the stock one pink...the only downside to that is that it could chip/flake off over time. If I were to get it powder coated, would it have cost less than $16? I'm not sure...I don't know the current rate of powder coating. Then I would have to find someone local, drop it off, pick it up, etc. Ordering the P:JDM one was more convenient, which is another reason the price is higher.

I'd imagine these things only cost around $8 to make, and they're selling them for $17. That's not too bad of a profit for such an item.
Lol it probably costs them $3 to make it.

I'm the type of person that always attempts to save a few dollars by trying to make things like this myself. I end up spending more money and wasting time and buying the legitimate one anyway lol.

Nice review!
My Build Thread

237 avg. hp 208 avg. tq 4750-7200rpm
Calculating Average Horsepower
TheAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Mines was $10 on eBay. Wasn't jdm or anything like that I think it was vision.
Either way it works and my car didn't have one to start off with.

I did sand mines down and sprayed it si blue.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

If you like it, more power to ya. =)
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

I also have one, red. Wish I had just kept the stock one :/ not worth it

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

i made mine:

Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Scott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I've got the password JDM rad stay, fender washer kit, and lug nuts. Their parts are top notch quality. You don't need a 3/8" piece of aluminum to hold your radiator in place. It's a nice piece that compliments a good bay, with their logo lasered in it makes it even better. All my fender washers are holding up great and haven't had any problems with those, had them for a couple years and have been on my civic and had them on my Evo too. The lug nuts are quality too, I had the threads of a Blackworks lug nut fold when torqueing my lug nuts (yes I torque them, dealer tech stuff) and haven't had a problem with the passwords besides a little bit of fading.

Follow me on instagram: bumperdumperscott
Scott53092 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Thanks for reminding me, I need one.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott53092 View Post
I've got the password JDM rad stay, fender washer kit, and lug nuts. Their parts are top notch quality. You don't need a 3/8" piece of aluminum to hold your radiator in place. It's a nice piece that compliments a good bay, with their logo lasered in it makes it even better. All my fender washers are holding up great and haven't had any problems with those, had them for a couple years and have been on my civic and had them on my Evo too. The lug nuts are quality too, I had the threads of a Blackworks lug nut fold when torqueing my lug nuts (yes I torque them, dealer tech stuff) and haven't had a problem with the passwords besides a little bit of fading.
I'm not saying the piece is garbage. I just ASSumed it would be a bit beefier...that's all. Especially compared to the stock unit.

Although, P:JDM has new cap nuts for exhaust and intake manifolds...and they're charging $59.99. For nuts. Tell me their parts aren't over priced a bit? lol

Old 05-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I got a red one for my birthday couple of years ago. Fit perfect, no complaints here.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott53092 View Post
Im with ya, take the time out to clean up the bay and spray it (thats what i did before i installed mine). The pwjdm items compliment the vehicle very well. I use to have a coupe with gold radiator stay,fender washers,distributor washers,vtec solenoid washers, and header washer kit. Have't had the lugs yet, but the quality of the items in my opinion is 100%. Yes tho,I do believe they are over priced for just little nuts,but I like the writting on them lol

Last edited by Vtec_Wago; 07-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Vtec_Wago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

I bought one used from a friend of mine for $10 a year or so ago.....I love it, Yes they should be beefier but again it doesn't bend or fold over itself I think it is well worth the <$20 mark for myself, I love mine the old one was all rusty and the new one looks great.

Kinda hard to see but it's there lol.

"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Ugh...that pic makes me miss my old EK sedan...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in