Apexi WS - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatch-attack is learning the way of the Dhatch-attack is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default Apexi WS

I just bought an WS axle back from a friend. I used just the muffler and like 3" of pipe and had that welded to my crush bent 2.5 pipe. Holy FN crap it sounds so sweet. Quiet as can be. My motor and intake over power it by a mile. 100 thumbs up to this exhaust. Buy It Now!
hatch-attack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 steve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

actually, i am buying one soon
steve98ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2005, 05:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
zzsleepingzz

Any on a eg coupe would like to see some pics.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

I'd like to see some pics too. Depending on how it looks I may get one, I've been looking for one that performs, but also one that doesn't attract ricers and set off car alarms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatch-attack is learning the way of the Dhatch-attack is learning the way of the D
Default pics

Here is some pics of it on my eg hb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ws2.jpg (737.2 KB, 379 views)
File Type: jpg ws3.jpg (522.0 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg ws4.jpg (297.8 KB, 309 views)
hatch-attack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 hondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

wash your civic bro... jk ...mines the same way but i LOVE the exhaust...getting one soon.

1993 Honda Civic EX - D15B7 Goodness
1991 Nissan 240sx - RB20DET Power
hondaboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2005, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

hmm, i'm not real big on the big tip, I prefer something more conservative, like my ANSA system

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

civicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to civicEXcoupeman

I love the WS2 so much i hate the ricer looking imo big tip exhausts that sound like ass. im thinking to order it if everything goes well this summer. It appears that the apexi ws2 is cheaper then the comptech exhaust which come in axleback and cat back. The cat back is like 5-600 and the axle back costs about the same as th ws2. But whats the point for a axleback you wont get more airflow through your stock piping so later you might need to go to a exhaust shop and get some bent for your car to replace the stock piping

this is the comptech axleback and/or catback

and if you buy the cat back its full stainless

anyways. I have a question whats the difference between the WS1 and WS2 I heard their the exact same thing just apexi discontinued WS1.

I also looked at some sites that said that the muffler is exactly the same just 1 has aluminum piping painted with a titanium paint coating.

and on others that its mild steel piping

I dunno which is true I found a site that sells both models for my civic a 2000 civic ex coupe
Which should i get? ws1 or ws2?

I want an exhaust that wont rust and if it is truly aluminum then it wont and will be lighter then steal or stainless

Also i noticed that the tip of the muffler sicks out past the bumper on the hatch
PLZ respond to this question in this Awesome thread

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #1

Quote:
dude, that avatar gets me in trouble when I don't scroll down quiiitteee fast enough and my wife knows I can read faster than that.....lol
-Jonathan-

Last edited by civicEXcoupeman; 02-06-2006 at 07:12 PM.
civicEXcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

civicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top Aussie

bump

Quote:
dude, that avatar gets me in trouble when I don't scroll down quiiitteee fast enough and my wife knows I can read faster than that.....lol
-Jonathan-
Old 02-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 nation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nation of kong

Go with the Comptech...my opinion is bias though since well I have a comptech exhaust. I'll post up some pictures in a few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway
"i blew my arm off..... rotory style"
My EJ8:

nation of kong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nation of kong
Go with the Comptech...my opinion is bias though since well I have a comptech exhaust. I'll post up some pictures in a few.
I agree the comptech is a good exhaust system but for the same price i would pay for the cat back ws2 I can get only the axleback comptech which wont give me any performance gains cuz ill be using the stock piping. If i want the catback comptech its like 5-600 without shipping

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Old 02-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 nation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebody

When i was shopping around for exhaust the Apex WS was on the top of my list because it a touch louder then stock and the tip isn't four inches (which alot of exhausts are and i hate that). But i picked up the comptech on sale from Nopi for like 520 bucks. Yes its cheaper to go with the WS but for the stainless steel, the sound, and look i'm happy with what i got. Don't mind all the salt...it looks alot better when its clean lol.

If i get to see one of my friends this weekend i'll see if i can get sound clips
Quote:
My EJ8:

Old 02-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Did I just hi-jack this thread?
Quote:
My EJ8:

Old 02-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Did I just hi-jack this thread?
nope. Cuz if the the ws2 is actually made from aluminum then its lighter and will resist rust better then stainless or mild steel

BTW wash your shit NOW

BTW paying 100-200 $ more for full stainless is stupid.

All this if the piping on the ws2 is aluminum

Quote:
-Jonathan-

Last edited by civicEXcoupeman; 02-06-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

acutally its made of

"mandrel bent piping consists of high temperature, titanium particle coated mild steel"

whatever the hell that means...but yeah its a nice exhaust. And i would love to wash my car...but theres still salt on the roads so it would just get dirty again (stupid chicago winter...can't make up its mind)
Quote:
My EJ8:

Old 02-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
acutally its made of

"mandrel bent piping consists of high temperature, titanium particle coated mild steel"

whatever the hell that means...but yeah its a nice exhaust. And i would love to wash my car...but theres still salt on the roads so it would just get dirty again (stupid chicago winter...can't make up its mind)
Yep ive also seen its made of aluminum and has titanium particle coat or wtev

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Old 02-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

bwahaha u quoted that rep 4 u

i like the itr muffler on a 2.25 inch cat back sound nice but the apex ws is pretty damn nice as well

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

wow nice exhaust, im considering getting that one too as im not a big fan of the loud exhausts
white93ej1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

WS is nice but I still love my mugen knock-off. Twin loop is quiet and flows nicely compared to chambered mufflers. Tip is only 3inch too hehe.
eg6motion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg6motion
WS is nice but I still love my mugen knock-off. Twin loop is quiet and flows nicely compared to chambered mufflers. Tip is only 3inch too hehe.
cost too much even the fakes are more expensive then the ws2

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in