DME adjustable upper control arms - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default DME adjustable upper control arms

Well now, I just saw the review on the Skunk2 UCA'a and I realized I never finished my review of this product. Having said that allow me to finish....

Complete kit - ZERO FITMENT ISSUES!!!!

I decided to go with DME for two main reasons. First, it utilizes a double plate locking system just like the Skunk2 and Buddy Club units. This means the clamping force is evenly distributed across the mounting surfaces eliminating sudden release of the ball joint slides. This was my biggest selling point for an "off brand" product. The adjustment sliders feature a low profile design and the bolts that clamp the slide plates together face down wards eliminating dents in my fenders. This is a complete kit, with new upper control arm bushings and hardware. I was also able to hold and look at the UCA before my purchase and I was pleased with the quality of work, and the solid welds.

Welds at the ball joint perch

Double plate lock system, here you can see both plates. (Arms currently on my car)

Bottom plate

Top Plate, low profile, no fender smacking, unless excessively dropped.

My second reason for choosing these arms over the "name" brand is the cost. I picked these up for $145 out the door. thats 25-30% cheaper than the Skunk2 units with almost identical mounting styles as Skunk2 and Buddy Club.

They have been installed on my car for 8 months. I immediately took my car in for an alignment after the new arms were put on, and I had my front camber set to -0.4*. After 7 months, I added a traction bar, went back for another alignment, and what do you know, my camber was still at -0.4*. I was super pleased with this. DME's parent company is NRG if that matters to anyone. All in all I am VERY pleased with this purchase and will consider their other products in the future.

Just as a side note: I daily this car, and it is driven hard, she is not a trailer queen.

If your in, around, or about Sacramento / Elk Grove and you want to purchase these, check out 1320 performance on Elk Grove Blvd. They have lots of goodies at a great price, the staff is friendly too. Please dont get mad that I gave them a shout out, I am NOT affiliated with them in any way, just trying to pass word of a good buy on to the D. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: As a side note, you can order the ball joint in case they go bad, so your not stuck buying a whole new arm

THIS IS WHY YOU GO DOUBLE PLATE LOCK!!!!
This was crap single plate and bolt style lock. Bolts pulled through on hard turn.

This is undamaged Blox arm, with only the single plate and bolt style lock.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Last edited by CaliLegal; 04-20-2013 at 07:46 AM.
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Good reveiw,

I know a lot of people are unfamilliar with the DME brand. Nice to hear they are working well for you.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Good review, just awaiting pictures.

I'm in the market for some new UCA's and this intrigues me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

Review finished with pics, bump.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 Revlimit48  is slowly gaining respectRevlimit48  is slowly gaining respectRevlimit48  is slowly gaining respectRevlimit48  is slowly gaining respectRevlimit48  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Can you post a link to dme's site?

I am using my phone 99% of the time so ignore the jumbled mess lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
we dont hate on other Cars/hondas, we just love D's
Revlimit48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Dme Suspension

NRG is parent company.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SR20S13 is learning the way of the DSR20S13 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SR20S13

I wonder how long the ball joints will last for
Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano

Does this place have a website? I can't seem to find anything DME besides LCA's on the webz.

I'd definitely be interested in scooping up a set, they look great and appear to function as advertised, always a plus.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Dood can has coilovers for Acc Rod!? NRG is a sweet company whose products won't break the bank but still offer what looks to be quality products!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20S13 View Post
I wonder how long the ball joints will last for
Have been on for approx 8 months, no sign of wear at all, boots not cracked or deformed. Also, the pics of the "dirty" arm are currently installed on my car pics taken a few days ago, so thats 8 months of hard DD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wischmaster View Post
Does this place have a website? I can't seem to find anything DME besides LCA's on the webz.

I'd definitely be interested in scooping up a set, they look great and appear to function as advertised, always a plus.
I posted a link to the website. Again NRG is parent company, and it appears that the only DME products available are these UCA's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
Dood can has coilovers for Acc Rod!?
Huh?

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Sorry bro was trying to be funny. They have coilovers for my 91 Accord.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks. Shopping around for options. Never heard of these till I was reading the skunk2 review.
00 LX Seadn D16y8 : CURRENT
Still have full OBD2 B20 Swap collecting Dust
B20Bp8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Follow-up.

NRG was sued by Skunk2 for copyright violation with those arms. So DME arms now are single plate and bolt lock style.....

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 04-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Wow. Skunk2 should just sue everyone that makes valve springs too.

Since they're the first to do everything.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Skunk2 didn't even make their UCA's at first, Wicked Tuning originally made them and did the R&D for the design...

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Looks like a worthy replacement once mine go out
NARFALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Looks like DME changed their design... or their website has outdated pics. WHich is current?

Coots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Those DME's look like HardRace's design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
Dood can has coilovers for Acc Rod!? NRG is a sweet company whose products won't break the bank but still offer what looks to be quality products!
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

Dammit i wanted these up until they changed the design.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Those DME's look like HardRace's design.

The mounting for the ball joints are different on the hardrace arms. They use a bigger 4 bolt. Hardrace arms look exactly the same as a lot on ebay. I got some and put some hardrace balljoints on them. Works perfectly.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in