CXRacing Connecting Rods - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default CXRacing Connecting Rods

After talking to the local Honda shop I was a little bit skeptical about the H beam connecting rods that I ordered from CXRacing. He had nothing but trash to say about their products and the connecting rods being extremely important I thought I may have wasted $280. Here is what I got in the mail from CXRacing;

The first thing I noticed was that they were packaged very well. Each one had it's own bag and was wrapped in a wax/oily paper to keep moisture off of them. They were also separated in the box with dividers to keep them from beating together in shipping. After a thorough visual inspection I was definitely confident that these were much higher quality than the guy I had talked to had given them. Since visual inspection isn't everything and I have the access to an x-ray machine I work I figured I ought to use that to see what the eye can't see;

You will notice that there are a few little white specks in the x-ray pictures, those are from the the x-ray machine itself, it is NOT a problem with the rods. The x-ray machine I'm using was designed for being man portable so it isn't quite like a medical grade machine. I did shuffle the connecting rods individually to ensure that none of the spots were recurring.

After doing the x-rays I'm confident that these are not cheap castings and that the overall process used to make them was certainly quality. I realize that I have not tested the actual metal that they are made out of or the tensile strength but that is something that is certainly out of my realm of possibility. I will make sure that once I get them in my engine and start driving my car that I give follow up reports. I bought these with the plan of doing a turbo build but due to lack of funds I will be going NA for now. I think I might put some nitrous on it down the line to really see how well these will hold up but again I'm stretched thin on funds at the moment. Thanks for reading!
SnailPowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

the only thing i notice that are different from "Quality name brand" h beams is the uneven gap where the rod cap meets with the rod.

I could barely see that on my scatt h beams, but im sure it wont be a problem when you have the bearings in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I can't see anything uneven on mine. Can you see it in the pictures I posted? The rod caps are "stuck" to the rods right now. I haven't really tried to separate them though. If there is a problem with these I think it would take a set of precise measuring tools, I sure can't seem to find issue.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

the rods dont bother me, what does is the small difference in price compared to a set of Eagles... I think I got mine for 320 shipped....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

I've actually never had a problem with CXRacing, nice product review though!

Don't get to see many people with access to an X-ray machine around this site...

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Typical set of Chinese h-beams, they have been used numerous times with good success. However they used to be quite a bit cheaper.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Thanks for the awesome review you are the second person I have seen around here dealing with these rods and your review gives me hope that these will hold more power than my stock block can. Did these rods come with arp rod bolts ?

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I messed up and didn't buy the ones with rod bolts but I have seen them with rod bolts on eBay. I need to get head studs anyway and I have seen head studs and rod bolts sold together on eBay too. This weekend I plan on taking the blown engine that came in my CRX down to the car wash and cleaning it so that I can start tearing into it without getting disgusting. I think head studs and rod bolts are the only things I don't have as far as hard parts go.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

No rod bolts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
Typical set of Chinese h-beams, they have been used numerous times with good success. However they used to be quite a bit cheaper.
Me to Honda Civic CRX 1 6 D16 ZC SOHC H Beam Connecting Rod Rods Con Rods Conrod | eBay

But you still need rod bolts.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

^^That's more like it

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 slowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Hope to be putting my D15b7 together this week using CX rods. Nice to see the xrays lol.

slowsinglecam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 SmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regularSmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regularSmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regularSmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regularSmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regularSmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regularSmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regularSmokinD16A/Z6 is obviously a regular
Send a message via AIM to SmokinD16A/Z6

Any updates from ppl using these?

New coupe in the works.

Quote:
Best advice that is entirely unhelpful:
Use Neptune.
SmokinD16A/Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 slowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinD16A/Z6 View Post
Any updates from ppl using these?
Mine is still running lol. Almost to 1000 miles on them. Check out my build.

slowsinglecam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Eagle rods with ARP bolts are shipped from nopi for 286.

It's almost as if these are just unbadged eagle rods from china.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

rods from the future! is that an X-Ray machine or a time machine?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 novaksaotome will become famous soon enoughnovaksaotome will become famous soon enoughnovaksaotome will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

selling this on ebay for 225 shipped now, i guess a pretty good deal

Custom manifolds, cabon fiber exhausts and fab:
novaksaotome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

I got a set of these for my toyota paseo, my builder is freaking out with them due to they dont seem to have oiliers in them. i plan to use them in the build it got but the wrist pins that come with the pistons i bought are too loose in them and i dont have any retainers..i suggest i not use them because if they dont have oiliers they will just burn up the wrist pins. any help would be great.
heathf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

nice review
Advertisement

Tags
cx racing rods, xray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in