ATI Super Damper - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 UnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default ATI Super Damper

Sup guys,just wanna throw out a lil review on my ATI damper that showed up today for the new build .packaging was awesome and barely got the box open because it was packaged so tight..the damper is a awesome piece and i ordered it with single serpentine pulley due to im still running a alternator..then only downfall i see is that the damper fits super,super tight..nothing a lil emory cloth to dress the crank snout won't take care of ..very well engineered and i give ATI 5 stars!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1365025708375.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	36530  
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

hows the engine vibrations feel any different from a stocker?
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

How much?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 UnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to all

Sorry guys forgot to post price...its was $388 shipped..the build still has a ways to go yet..I will give a feedback on how it performs once its running.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Damn, too bad it only comes in a 5.5" diameter...

Let us know once you get it going. I'd also be interested in seeing if the timing marks are correct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
Damn, too bad it only comes in a 5.5" diameter...

Let us know once you get it going. I'd also be interested in seeing if the timing marks are correct
ATI tech said it wouldn't have any affect on timing marks or timing due to diameter size..its underdriven and will slow down alternator

Old 04-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDPressure View Post
ATI tech said it wouldn't have any affect on timing marks or timing due to diameter size..its underdriven and will slow down alternator

I think he is talking about the notch for the TDC mark on the timing cover so you can set timing on dizzy.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
I think he is talking about the notch for the TDC mark on the timing cover so you can set timing on dizzy.
Oh ok,yea i see what he's talking about due to it being smaller and futher away from pointer on the cover

Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I would just like to see you set the stock crank pulley to the TDC mark, remove it, then put the ATI on to make sure that it's correct.

I'm sure it is, but this is something I've seen in the past with different cam gears and crank pulleys so it would be nice to know for sure if the marks are true.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

I have a dummy block i will test fit it on and see then ill post up some pics

Old 05-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 EGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If it's not already installed, don't use emery cloth. Keep the pulley by the fire or in the oven at very low temps (Below 200) and put dry ice in the crank snout. Should slip on with a firm whack with a rubber mallet without removing material from the crank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in