AEM True time Cam gear or... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to D15VtecLessCr-x Send a message via Skype™ to D15VtecLessCr-x
Cool AEM True time Cam gear or...

Hi guys im looking to get either the AEM tru time cam gear or the Skunk2 Cam gear... both of which are good names but i found this web site that has the Skunk2 for 99 bucks... and the AEM for 114
AEM= http://www.performancepartswholesale...ears&brand=aem

Skunk2= http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...A%20CRX%201988

But i have know AEM to be a better product only cuase i have seen them on many 4th gen civics and CRX's but quite the opposite with Skunk2... I just want to know what the better product... cuase im purchasing a Exospeed SR909 now...and i know i will be an adjustable cam gear to go along with that purchase...
D15VtecLessCr-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

i have aem ...and have had no problem at all ......i guess its just a matter of person preference ....and a diff...of 15 dollars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2005, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via Yahoo to D15VtecLessCr-x Send a message via Skype™ to D15VtecLessCr-x
Cool

yea totally... i have noticed that Skunk2 has a 5 bolt pattern... but the AEM only has 3... but what i am truly looking for is the way they are designed... the timing markings on the cam gear itself... you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
i have aem ...and have had no problem at all ......i guess its just a matter of person preference ....and a diff...of 15 dollars

Old 02-18-2005, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i think aem came out with new gears with a 5 bolt pattern ...youll have to look in to that more ...id call both companys and talk to a sales rep

Old 02-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I have the skunk2 and I haven't had any problems, I think the skunk2 is better because it has a 5 bolt, so there not much of a chance that it will ever slip!!!
92hatchbacksi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
i think aem came out with new gears with a 5 bolt pattern ...youll have to look in to that more ...id call both companys and talk to a sales rep
i found it at Summit Racing.com.... the 5 bolt pattern... Same part # thats on AEM's web site... for 103 buck, not bad...at all!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
gearbox

the 3 bolt aem will eventually loosen. They do have a 5 bolt redesigned model available for some cars.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Is there a way to prevent a 3bolt aem cam gear from loosening?
Perfectwingzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

tighten it down properly. has anyone *EVER* actually heard of 3-bolt AEM gear coming loose? Either way, they have a new 5 or 6 bolt unit for the same price as the old 3-bolt gear.

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Want access???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
tighten it down properly. has anyone *EVER* actually heard of 3-bolt AEM gear coming loose?
only on here ...people talk about it but im wondering if it has ever really happend to anyone....cause its never ...never happend to me and mine been on for over 2 years

Old 03-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
jlacoy82

I'll have a 96-00 Edelbrock cog coming in on Monday, I'm just waiting to see if its keyed correctly or not. Its 5 bolt, and can be found for about 110-115, just another alternative.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in