PW:JDM Type 1.1 shift knob - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default PW:JDM Type 1.1 shift knob

I'm usually Lurking on the forums and felt it was time to make a post on something I have yet found any review on although its pretty basic (although I have other products I can Contribute a outside opinion on)...and that would be my Stainless steel PW:JDM shift knob type 1.1 as mentioned before. lets begin with a little back story. (this is my first time doing a review lol)

The main knob on my Car is my skunk2 shift knob which I can assure everyone is widely familiar with,its mated with a blackworks single bend. I love that knob, the weight,feel and finish. Its by far my favorite to date. but I felt as if I might wanna switch things up and add another to my collection..After much debating I opted for this which was supposed to be a xmas from my sister...only to find out they were on back order.

After a month of waiting it has finally arrived...and my first thought was, "wow this is friggin heavy!" the package arrived in a regular USPS priority shipping box and was packaged inside a plastic bag and paper unlike how skunk2 ships in a foam padded box Or even how BWRs knob is in plastic Box...Inside the bag was the knob itself and some locktite. here Is a photo of package out of the box prior of me opening.

Upon opening I decided to do some side by side comparisons with Skunk 2
PWJDM is about 3 and 1/4 inches tall with skunk2 being about 2inches tall.

Finish Is noticeably clean, engravings are clean.the only flaw noticed was inside where the threads are at, where the shifter goes into. I noticed shavings were in there, As if they didn't fully clean it out. I took a q-tip thinking id be able to kinda break them freely so they fall out but that was not the case I ended up having to scrape the bottom carefully and quite a bit of Shavings had fell out...Idk if this was due to laziness of non inspection of said product or a simple mistake or possibly the nature of machining and this is how they come but I would not wanted to screw this on and have pieces of metal bind up on the threads thus causing damage.

Overall Im happy so far with this product...I feel Certain things could've changed such as The packaging. and the shavings but overall id rate this product in the following form 1 being horrible and 10 being Excellent

quallity 9/10 only cause the "unfinished Machining"

Packaging 7/10 due to being "thrown in" a plastic bag

Im going to go for a drive tomorrow and further conduct my review on shifting feel, how it "sits" in the car and compare the results my skunk2...i know this is just a shift knob and varies on personal preference and not a "performance" part but felt someone might find this review helpful....if anyone has any questions or also has this knob that would like to contribute please do

Last edited by jdmike13; 01-27-2013 at 04:52 PM.
jdmike13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

just happens you get what you pay for, and that could be true laziness when they were cleaning it out
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default PW:JDM Type 1.1 shift knob

I have this knob in gold, the gold is wearing off but I have had a skunk 2 and a gsr and this is my fav by far

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Boost_dreamer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_dreamer93 View Post
I have this knob in gold, the gold is wearing off but I have had a skunk 2 and a gsr and this is my fav by far

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
DO you have the aluminum version of this knob? The one the interchangable ring? or the brass one? im debating on ordering the "brass knuckle" version and comparing the two.

I know that this version weighs in at 500 grams VS. skunk2 weighing in at 440 grams, However the brass knuckle type 1.1 weighs at 544grams. I find that I Myself like to have something with weight but how much is to much? of course a person does not wanna push a boulder to go into gear but I also don't want to have a knob that weights next to nothing.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i have that one but brass, its quite heavy, and makes the shifts nice and smooth. finished product on mine was good and no shavings inside. mine also came in a bag..lol
40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40MPGd15b7 View Post
i have that one but brass, its quite heavy, and makes the shifts nice and smooth. finished product on mine was good and no shavings inside. mine also came in a bag..lol
I think ill order it...I wanna get that dws "still hood" knob, But it looks pretty f###### tall... The bag thing tho lol, I honestly don't care but would have thought a company like them would have at least threw it in a box, But then again my friend ordered the whale Intake from them, You would think it come in a glossy finish like you see on the site or in a magazine but it came matte finish with pin size holes in the finish. he didn't bitch tho cause function over form in his eyes but some might.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Grifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respect

I have the same knob, quality is ok. The finish on the top wasn't that great though and it took them 5 weeks to ship it out!
Grifty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

thats a lot of shavings lol damn. Looks solid tho.... I have that skunk2 that you have next to it..... love it.
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have the exact same knob in my wagovan. It only took a few days to arrive to me and with no imperfections at all. As for $50 for it,I was quite happy with the purchace. Id say I've had the knob on the vehicle for almost 2 months without any problem, and the engraving sits prefect like oem as you can read it and not sitting at an angle (/) lol.
Vtec_Wago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

I like the style on these. I was thinking about the Bass Knuckle myself. All the shavings though is kind of weird.
00 LX Seadn D16y8 : CURRENT
Still have full OBD2 B20 Swap collecting Dust
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B20Bp8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Brass*
00 LX Seadn D16y8 : CURRENT
Still have full OBD2 B20 Swap collecting Dust
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B20Bp8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Im thinking on trying to mate it with a different shifter. Im running the OEM dual bent but plan on upgrading.....on my old setup I was running Blackworks single bend, Im thinkin on doing a Ktuned Short throw. Have to see moneys tight ATM lol but hopefully I can update and finish my other reviews soon. It feels real solid and the throws are nice and smooth cause of the weight. I love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in