hondalx97 Retrofit Headlights! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default hondalx97 Retrofit Headlights!

Hello everybody, its been a grip since Ive posted on here. I have been busy with a lot of things, but still havnt lost touch with my Honda. Its still coming along nicely. I recently purchased a TRS Retrofit kit and had Trey aka hondalx97 install them. I am sure most of you have seen the FOR SALE thread regarding these. I am pleased to say I am a proud owner of a sick set of lights now. I took a pic on my blackberry before I sent these out to him. They are just your average black housing type-r replicas. I also took several after shots as well. I hope the pics do the work justice. However, I did not get a chance to install them yet. The car is in storage and parked for the year. I will be sure to snap a few after I install them back on the car. PROMISE. I would most definitely recommend Trey to anyone who wants this done on to their headlights. Nice guy to deal with!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headlightsbefore.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	33018   Click image for larger version

Name:	retro1n.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	33019   Click image for larger version

Name:	retro2a.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	33020   Click image for larger version

Name:	retro3.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	33021   Click image for larger version

Name:	retro4m.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	33022  

MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Also the shrouds used here are called the "IRIS" on The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications.... What do you guys think?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

pics on car?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
pics on car?
I wish man... I have it in storage all set to go for winter... the weather is about ready to give in. But I will def have pics come spring. There has been a few nice changes that ive added too since everyone has seen my EJ last
Old 10-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 12 TheAssassin is hot as a volcanoTheAssassin is hot as a volcano
TheAssassin is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Very nice! If I hadn't already done a retrofit I would have had him do it too. He had great prices and the workmanship looks nice. You'll love them at night!
My Build Thread

237 avg. hp 208 avg. tq 4750-7200rpm
Calculating Average Horsepower
TheAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

thank you pauly! yeah anyone intrested just feel free to PM me whenever i'll be here and prices will be great from here on out!

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Got mine on for 3weeks now and im happy so far. The cut off line is cleeeeeeaan. Nice and sharp.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

alright guys, Thursday is my day off and I am gonna try and get these installed. If all goes according to plan... I will take several of them on the car AND the cut-off of the HID light againts my garage door Soo..... Stay tuned!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Ok folks, I finally got a chance to install these. Now I was running out of day light, so the cutoff is not right... they are aimed way high and a little offset. However, they will work till next year when I get the chance to straighten them out. But anyway.... what do you guys think? They are 6k HIDs too btw...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	retroinstall3.jpg
Views:	3717
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	33068   Click image for larger version

Name:	retroinstall1.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	33069   Click image for larger version

Name:	retroinstall2.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	33070   Click image for larger version

Name:	retroinstall4.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	33071   Click image for larger version

Name:	retroinstall6.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	33072  

Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

and for the un-adjusted cutoff lol... I think im wayy too close to the garage door too ha ha my bad.... but even still you can def see the clear line....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cutoff1.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	33073   Click image for larger version

Name:	cutoff2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	33074  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

Will the eg glass denji lens fit stock housings?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

^ are you asking if you can fit the projectors from them into stock headlights? probs not you can do it the other way, the denjis are shitty IMO they need better lens they retrofit easily tho

Old 11-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!

How come your cut off line is hell of alot higher then mine? And I adjusted mine all the way up and it isnt even close to your height.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

it could me the why your lights are sitting its really hard to get the projector to move around on the cone, it took me forever to get my adjusted properly how high do you want them to be? you have to remember they aren't sopppost to be aimed like reg. head lights.

i might have to take my out and do a DIY for adjusting them easier it can be tricky because the projector has 3 axis's to move on and you have to set them all correct so take the bottom two and push them out, and the top one in and will help you get some extra height

Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

I am talking about the glass lens. Will it fit on a stock housing? I figured if they will then the lens will work great for a retrofit cause they are clear glass with no lines of anything.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.

Last edited by WORPsol; 11-02-2012 at 01:44 PM.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
How come your cut off line is hell of alot higher then mine? And I adjusted mine all the way up and it isnt even close to your height.
its the hill its on and the fact I adjusted them way too high lol they def gotta go down a LOT
Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondalx97 View Post
it could me the why your lights are sitting its really hard to get the projector to move around on the cone, it took me forever to get my adjusted properly how high do you want them to be? you have to remember they aren't sopppost to be aimed like reg. head lights.

i might have to take my out and do a DIY for adjusting them easier it can be tricky because the projector has 3 axis's to move on and you have to set them all correct so take the bottom two and push them out, and the top one in and will help you get some extra height
Please. That would be nice.

My cut off line is only about 15ft ahead of me. :-/
Old 11-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

anyone else have pics of the their final product.... even if Trey didnt install them for you? The overall quality of the product is there regardless then....
Old 11-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

sammo take the bottom two adjustment screws and wind them all the way out. the pull the top one in as needed let me know how that works out for you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in