Spec Clutches - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Spec Clutches

When I first got my EG, first thing I did was to replace the OE clutch and flywheel. Went with 8 lb. flywheel and XTD "stage 1" clutch kit. shutup. Big mistake. After 8 months, the clutch was trash. It wasn't from my driving habits, because the flywheel was still in perfect condition. No bluing, no warping.

After that, some moron rear ended me, perfect chance. Took her off the road, replaced front bushings, rear bumper, bumper cover, trunk lid, driver front door (big dent from before I got it), and of course clutch. I spent a good month researching different clutches. In the end it was a toss up between ACT and SPEC.

My requirements were quite strict, actually. Solid hub, capable of upgrade (in power mostly), multi-puck disc. I didn't know much about the various materials, so the toss up was a 6 puck ceramic ACT clutch, and a 4 puck carbon-graphite. Spec won out by 15 dollars...lol

I must say, this is the second best clutch I have ever driven with. The only one to ever top it is a 1500 dollar twin disc in a 400+hp GTO...lol Big thumbs up for SPEC
imtheman0313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Both of your choices are on my "No buy" list. Spec has a habit of poor quality control. Most are fine, but many people have issues with the brand. ACT clutches just plain old suck in Hondas. Their pressure plates are terrible and they go through quality/crap cycles fairly regularly.

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but it sounds like you didn't do too much research on what is actually used and recommended by people who )(#$(*$ hate to replace clutches.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

What Matt said.

Spec has been pretty good for the V8 RWD guys, but they still come apart.

Action Clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 BoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

For anyone reading this thinking about buying a spec clutch, stay far away. Horrible experience. I got a clutch that didnt even work, then i got a clutch that couldnt even hold 50HP without slipping. Not to mention there customer service rep Jeremy is a total douche. Wasted alot of time and money. Comp or LSD ftw...
BoostedCouped16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Sorry you forgot Action Clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in