Mugen Headers??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2005, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 PEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Mugen Headers???

I Saw some on ebay wondering if that header is good? Is it better than OBX?? how about Tsudo ones?...They look like the no name brands but just branded with the Tags....
PEAK-CRX-SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HXDrager97 is learning the way of the DHXDrager97 is learning the way of the D

mugen? or megan? there are to diffrent brad names, and to have mugen wiht tsudo and OBX i'm thinking megan and there ok.. heard some good things about them!
HXDrager97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 PEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like BoratPEAK-CRX-SI smells like Borat

say's Mugen but can never be to sure about it.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33631

Old 02-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

Quote:
New 1988-1991 Honda Civic/CRX Mugen Power Style 4-2-1 Header - Chrome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2005, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i was looking into the obx header myself, does anyone have one or any info on them?
jayscivicnation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

yeah i think they just got a pic of the badge from an *Actual Mugen Header....well..Well I'm not much of a FAN of OBX Headers as some other parts..heard alot crap about them..oh well...Looks Like gonna head on to the Header thread and make a choice...saw one there that made 7.4 at the wheels i believe and the DC made 7hp...gonna go check it out again...
Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 skr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Borat

megan racing is good and dc is very good if u got the extra cash, the gains will be better with a hi flo cat and catback system ud get a decent gain from it
skr33t_rac3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

I have the Tanabe Cat Back already..with the stock Cat...it is kinda loud but alot of people say that it sounds Mean!....well at least it doesn't have that sound where it's like farting or slapping lol....I'm changing out on the parts That are Conisdered Junk/Cheap and getting the good stuff!.....
Old 02-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HXDrager97 is learning the way of the DHXDrager97 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEAK-CRX-SI
I have the Tanabe Cat Back already..with the stock Cat...it is kinda loud but alot of people say that it sounds Mean!....well at least it doesn't have that sound where it's like farting or slapping lol
yeah but people tell me that my 36in glass pack and a 40 "aero gear"(ebay special/gift )muffler sound mean! i mean come on... its not that hard to do when your car is a honda and you know how to not make it sound like bee's in a can!
i get the what are you running a b16/18? one of those your car sounds nice. all thwe time!

Last edited by HXDrager97; 02-03-2005 at 10:38 PM.
HXDrager97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2005, 06:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

just be done with it and get a DC sports header or if u got the moolah, a rage header would rock your world!!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Or save your money and get a turbo...
cause then youll have to sell your header...which is asinine
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2005, 06:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Well I read a post that the Rage Header would not fit in the rex....it would be hitting the a/c lines...the current header on OBX Ceramic (pos-IMO) is hitting One a/c line...you can see a little of the insulation that kinda melted away...but the header is hitting a clamp on the a/c line so it looks ok....so I might go after the DC header or the SMSP or even the Landspeed Header...depends on my budget this month too....gotta get rid of some items lol...as for a Turbo...that is in the future....
Old 03-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
deanbert

does the megan header hit any A/C or P/S lines etc....? I may buy one for starters but want to keep everything
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

i have a megan header in my car its is a nice item , it clears my P/S , i dont have A/C
but i read on the info sheet that it dose clear it !

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
deanbert

OK Does anyone with A/C have any problems with this header?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

hey peak, man i say go for it, judging by the pic all looks good, lose the obx one now and sell it for $2.00

and get a hi flow cat, do more than u think
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 03:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy

well of you have the cash i would personally buy the bisimoto header its pretty freakin sweet from what ive heard and if you look at the dyno chart on exospeed.com it shows that a D16Z6 wiht the bisimoto header gains 8whp but i did have a DC sports header on my car before i sold it to my cousin some time ago and it gave me a huge gain and it really killed the car when i took it off i have looked into the megan racing stuff and it all seems to be pretty good quality just made in china so its considerably cheaper and as far as i can tell the megan looks juts like a dc header so im sure it doenst have clearence issues

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers

Last edited by d1589hatchy; 03-29-2005 at 03:53 PM.
d1589hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Megan,OBX, and all Ebay "style" products = CRAP!
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 09:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

I made up my mind I'm Getting the DC Ceramic Coated Header. It fits my Budget....I want the SMSP or the Rage but $ and as well as fitment issues whats holding me back... unless i can sell some of my crap i got lying around...anybody interested in a Pheonix Gold 30 band EQ?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Megan,OBX, and all Ebay "style" products = CRAP!
unless you have had a megan header how can you say that not alll of us have
big money to spend or are doing a supa buget buld , i found the megan header to be very well made nicely finnished and made a + in bhp for may car

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in