Xentec ( eBay HIDs ) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Xentec ( eBay HIDs )

I Bought the 35w (6000K) 9003 (HB2) Bi Xenon Kit , Installed it yesterday , install was fairly simple , but clearly not noted in directions , wired grounds for both sides under the headlight mounting bolt and ran the second light wire through and past where the radiator is (coated in shrink tube to insulate from the heat ). I had to mess with the connectors a little bit and slightly move the prongs inside to make them smoothly mate ( i didnt want to force them and break it ) In all honesty, not that thrilled with them , they look awesome , were easy to put in , but i bought them thinking why spend 55$ on bulbs when i can get an HID kit for the same price , i cant say i can see any better with them ( not any worse ) , but more or less just a style upgrade , im thinking about getting different bulbs to see if they make a difference ( of coarse doing a little research to make sure that's possible first.)

Ive added a picture to show the exact ones i bought ... ps the ballast's that came were all plastic and not to metal ones shown in the picture

Xentec.jpg picture by Impulse86 - Photobucket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

$55? ....this is the kit i always use $35 and under from the same company

and they are always metal? so idk

yes the bulbs are interchangable.....4500k is best for headlights 3k best for fog lights for maximum visability(4300 is best but your generic kits 4500 is as close as it gets). 4500k is pure white and will give the maximum amount of light output in perfectly clear condisions. 3k is yellow and the best color to cut through instead of reflect water molecules giving you mximum visibility during rainy, snowy and foggy condisions

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
$55? ....this is the kit i always use $35 and under from the same company

and they are always metal? so idk

yes the bulbs are interchangable.....4500k is best for headlights 3k best for fog lights for maximum visability(4300 is best but your generic kits 4500 is as close as it gets). 4500k is pure white and will give the maximum amount of light output in perfectly clear condisions. 3k is yellow and the best color to cut through instead of reflect water molecules giving you mximum visibility during rainy, snowy and foggy condisions
good to know, question ... if i swap bulbs its probably not going to get much brighter right ? id have to switch to a 55w system i assume? if i decide to do that can i just switch the ballasts or do i have to install a whole new kit?

Old 08-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

the ballast can cause issues, you want an upgrade in lighting move to projectors very much worth every penny i'm so glad i did my set, the hid's were nice alone. the one thing i hate is those damn relay harnesses

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

i would keep it 35w and also drop to a 4500k. it is a pure white light.

plan for my teggy is the 4500k in the headlights and 3k in the brights(headlight stay on when brights are turned on). imho the hid's are bright enough i wont need the brights, so this will give me optimal light visibility during all weather condisions

edit: also retro fit would be the best bet, a projector is always going to be better. the teg comes with factory projectors and i have a decent cutoff line with them

BUILD THREAD

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
i would keep it 35w and also drop to a 4500k. it is a pure white light.

plan for my teggy is the 4500k in the headlights and 3k in the brights(headlight stay on when brights are turned on). imho the hid's are bright enough i wont need the brights, so this will give me optimal light visibility during all weather condisions

edit: also retro fit would be the best bet, a projector is always going to be better. the teg comes with factory projectors and i have a decent cutoff line with them
i dont really do much night driving so its not all that big of a deal , just wish it was a lil brighter for what i spent , i like the color they are , its looks pretty cool i just thought there was a world of difference in lighting , i think im just gonna leave them for now , i still have side molding repair going on (mainly cuz im a jew with my money right now) i need more bondo for and i just finished intalling a radio in my car after a year of having it , i deff need to get a whole new headlight setup there old and busted up , ill probably hold out until i can find a used set in good condition b4 i replace anything , and if theres still not bright enough switch to a 4500K / 5000K

thanks for your input
Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Black94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropes

I bought those same ones from ebay a while back..they started fuckin up on me a week later.. so I went to a car audio shop who also sold HIDs and bought a PnP kit from them for $120 and they are awesome. I do kinda want projectors but..they're overpriced as hell..

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1994 Honda Del Sol Si, Granada Black Pearl D16Z6
Xbox GT: Atara9
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Black94Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

I bought these as well. So far so good.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I know my local 1320 sells HID kits for 50$ Metal ballasts and all. If you have a local shop maybe check them out. I also know they sell replacement bulbs for 25$.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

I got one for free from a friend and they were nice til the relay crapped out on s me 3 days later. It kept flicking the the high beams off and on when turned on.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
I know my local 1320 sells HID kits for 50$ Metal ballasts and all. If you have a local shop maybe check them out. I also know they sell replacement bulbs for 25$.
new york is quite an expensive state (thats why i do most of my shopping online), the local shop wants 100$ for the kit , and 30$ for bulbs

i posted this up just so someone interested in buying a kit would know that there not as bright as you think , my phone was stolen over the weekend but when i pick up another one ill post some pictures of them
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
I got one for free from a friend and they were nice til the relay crapped out on s me 3 days later. It kept flicking the the high beams off and on when turned on.
i rewired 2 brand new ones right b4 i installed the kit , only to realize my kit only needed one to run the both and it turns out the one that was bad
( the reason i bought new ones to install ) was the one that doesnt get plugged in
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

mine are 2x brighter than the brights...

BUILD THREAD

Old 08-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i have had ebay hids in the past and never had good luck they quit on me way to fast so i did some research and found a website called vvme.com hands down best set ive ever owned and they came with a warranty. i paid 55 bucks for them. was worth every penny
dgoody88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 ochata will become famous soon enoughochata will become famous soon enoughochata will become famous soon enough

I bought these for my ef back in feb and they still work (knock on wood). Anybody know if those ebay projectors will work? I've searched but no luck on info.
ochata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochata View Post
I bought these for my ef back in feb and they still work (knock on wood). Anybody know if those ebay projectors will work? I've searched but no luck on info.
as long as they take the same bulb i dont see why they wont
Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoody88 View Post
i have had ebay hids in the past and never had good luck they quit on me way to fast so i did some research and found a website called vvme.com hands down best set ive ever owned and they came with a warranty. i paid 55 bucks for them. was worth every penny
When I did my research, vvme brand hid's seemed to last longer than whatever the eBay brand is. In most cases they lasted until a proper retrofit was done or until they were sold off. I have a vvme kit and its wonderful. Not a single problem yet. I have the slim ballast kit. I recommend getting some clear lenses and a retrofit kit though. The fluted lenses scatter your light output all over the place and van make it very difficult for oncoming traffic to see.

I would recommended to everyone in here to spend the extra $$$ on the morimoto retrofit kit with bulbs. Its like $145 with bulbs and your choice of shroud and then you can get clear lens headlights on eBay for pretty cheap.

Sent from BigJ's Mobile Awesome Device
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Yellow fogs are not for cutting through fog better. They are to increase your viability to other users.

While a powerful white light lights up the fag as glare, you can still see objects that are further away. Yellow light only lights up objects with yellow colour in them.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

That Kit is shit! Your better off trying to find something with lifetime warranty! That way, if the buld or ballast......which is the part thats going to go first.......you can send whatever part back and get a free replacement.
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer View Post
Yellow fogs are not for cutting through fog better. They are to increase your viability to other users.

While a powerful white light lights up the fag as glare, you can still see objects that are further away. Yellow light only lights up objects with yellow colour in them.
hmmm i may be wrong but i was told by a guy who does retro fits the reasons for hid colors when i inquired about getting the blue colored lights to help me see better....now this was what he told me and i took it as he knew better than me....for all i know its wrong i guess but made sence to me.

4300 is pure white and has the highest light output, the higher you go above that you start loosing light output. the white will cut through clear condisions very very well. but the downside is it is highly reflective, so during inclimet weather the water molecules will be more prone to reflect the light giving you poor visability.

3k is yellow. the yellow light is not as bright as the 4300k but it is also not very reflective so during rainy, snowy, foggy etc weather the yellow will cut through the water molecules in the air giving you higher visability during poor weather condisions.

again this is second hand info given to me by a guy who does lighting...he could be wrong....but it sounds like it makes sence to me

BUILD THREAD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in