eBay: ES Shift Bushing Kits - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27
Default eBay: ES Shift Bushing Kits

About 3 weeks ago I bought a ES shifter bushing set from "unclesamdeal motorsports". It's for my '94 del Sol with a D15b7 engine. The listing said it was for the non-Vtec model del Sol and all SOHC Civics, so I went ahead and purchased it. I didnt notice that the picture was actually the bushing set for the DOHC B-Series transmissions with the 2 piece bushing on the transmissions side of the stabilizer bar. And, when I went to go install them today (been busy working, with life...just now got around to installing them), sure as shit, they're the wrong bushings.

It's after the 14-day return window, so I cant return them. I'm not pissed because 1)I took forever to install them, and 2)I should have checked the picture before buying.

I just wanted to let you guys know when buying on eBay to always double check before buying!

Link to auction:
ENERGY SUSPENSION MANUAL TRANSMISSION SHIFTER BUSHING HONDA RED RETAIL PACKAGE | eBay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 D16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

um the part number is correct for d-series
D16Savage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

even says its for your car in that link

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

yup maybe should have returned it
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Black94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I bought the exact same ones pictured in that auction and they installed just fine.
What kinds of problems are you having installing them?

1994 Honda Del Sol Si, Granada Black Pearl D16Z6
Xbox GT: Atara9
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Black94Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

the 2 piece is D. the 1 piece is B

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocramer View Post
This.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Black94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocramer View Post
Kinda thought that mightve been established by my post, but I guess not..

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Old 08-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27

Then how come with my D15 del sol with a D-Series tranny the 2 piece bushing doesnt fit in the stabilizer bar? The original bushing in the bar is a 1 piece bushing... If i over reacted I apoligize, but I've NEVER had an issue installing these in my previous cars, nor any other car I've worked on before... This one just straight up does NOT fit...

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

because they fit tight as shit spit on it wd40 it something

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

ya. mine was a mother fucker to get in

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ6Civic27 View Post
Then how come with my D15 del sol with a D-Series tranny the 2 piece bushing doesnt fit in the stabilizer bar? The original bushing in the bar is a 1 piece bushing... If i over reacted I apoligize, but I've NEVER had an issue installing these in my previous cars, nor any other car I've worked on before... This one just straight up does NOT fit...
When I put mine in it was VERY hard.. the bushings kept popping out.. I held them in with vice grips for a while and hammered the sleeve into them and let it sit for a while.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Old 08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Lol. Your over reacting. All bushing i have ever installed have been a pain in an ass without a press. But can be done with some skill and hand tools.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 DCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

There a tight fit but they should fit

88 CRX D16Z6
Daily Driven Vitara making [email protected]
Tuned by Kaizenspeed
DCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Just get the set from Honda 40 bucks. I did and it's amazing. And you know you are getting quality parts
Boost_dreamer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_dreamer93 View Post
Just get the set from Honda 40 bucks. I did and it's amazing. And you know you are getting quality parts
Just because it comes in a little white and red bag with japanese writing on it doesn't always make it better or 'right'. Honda doesn't actually make all of their parts. The Honda replacement bushings are great but for ~$40 from Honda you could buy 3 sets of the Energy Suspension bushings which are just as good if not better than the originals from the factory.

To the OP when I installed these on my 92 Hatch it took tons of finagaling to get the bushing in its a tight fit just keep trying!
EFnCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community

I never had issues installing D shifter bushings. Issues i had was the nuts and bolts breaking and needing to go to the local hardware store to get some.
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in